Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Save Daily Mix as New Playlist

I've seen this suggestion pop up before but it didn't get enough kudos. Still, I'll repost it again in case it catches on!

Sometimes the daily mix algorithm REALLY hits the spot and matches songs perfectly. And then I just want to save it without manually adding every song to a custom playlist.

Like right now. And you know it, I'm adding the songs one by one to a playlist because algorithm did good and I don't want to lose it once it refreshes tomorrow. But what if I don't have the time for that? One tap could spare me the pain.

As the Daily Mix algorithm gets better, I'm sure many of us are gonna start feeling this way soon.

Updated on 2022-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for adding your votes to this idea.

We're happy to confirm that this is already possible. You can create a copy of a particular set of songs from your Daily mixes, you just need to select the playlist in your mobile device app, then, on the three-point menu select Add to other playlist > New playlist.

As a workaround, if you're from the desktop app, you can copy all the songs in a playlist (including the Daily mixes) by selecting it, scrolling until the last song, and clicking at it while pressing shift. All songs will be selected and by clicking the right mouse button, you can add them to the new playlist.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-10-02

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

AlejaR
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for adding your votes to this idea.

We're happy to confirm that this is already possible. You can create a copy of a particular set of songs from your Daily mixes, you just need to select the playlist in your mobile device app, then, on the three-point menu select Add to other playlist > New playlist.

As a workaround, if you're from the desktop app, you can copy all the songs in a playlist (including the Daily mixes) by selecting it, scrolling until the last song, and clicking at it while pressing shift. All songs will be selected and by clicking the right mouse button, you can add them to the new playlist.

tt9x1

Some playlists (e.g. daily mixes) are dynamically generated by Spotify.

It would be nice to have the ability to create a copy of these playlists each time they are refreshed.

So on the playlist, I could go to a setting where I could choose to save the playlist to a new playlist copy each time the playlist refreshes.