Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Playlist Folders

Hello guys,

I see that the folders I create in the desktop app do not show up on the web browser version. 

Please add the folder for playlists functionality on the web version, and please also enable mobile/tablet users to create these folders too.

Thanks,

Mark.

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hey folks, 

We just wanted to give you a heads up that Playlist folders are now available on the Webplayer. 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea!

Comments
spartan_samuel

It's been a year. Has Spotify's stance changed on this subject?

mapski999

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!! Folders are so crucial to so many of us who have more than a handful of playlists.

I use a family account and have an iPad playing music for our baby. I don't want to log in and log out of Spotify every time I want to create a folder. Opening the web player is easy, but functionality is limited.

Signed,

Spotify lover who is desperate for playlist folders

Tomjakub

Easy using playlists is one of the reasons, why I choose spotify. I have over 100 playlists, but adding songs into any of the older playlist in web or mobile application is a BIG and LOONG ADVENTURE. Sorry, but I hate it!

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hey folks, 

We just wanted to give you a heads up that Playlist folders are now available on the Webplayer. 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea!

phrg1
Oh thank god finally!!!!! 🙂
JessJiggs

Hi,

My idea relates to this. Glad folderisation is under way... Is it possible to re-order ones playlists at all? Maybe alphabetise or order based on own preference? Thanks 🙂

Rene01

Hi @JessJiggs,

Yes you can. Just go to your library playlist tab, swipe down and you see all kind of sort options, they apply to folder and playlists.

Regards,

René 

JessJiggs
Amazing! Thank you:)
miko_cookovich

uhhh... i miss folder options all over spotify!!!

i wouldd like to organize the artists in my biblothek, but its impossible. i am a software engineer and this feature should be so simple, dont know, why it isnt implemented. 

so i switch to my old mp3 collection, there is a minimum standard of usability. 😄