Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Abnormal Streaming Activity

Abnormal Streaming Activity

Hi

I'm a rather new artist on Spotify, and last month I put up my first song on the service. I have with excitement followed my audience every day, and enjoyed seeing the streams go up. However, I have noticed some abnormal behavior on the streams of my song. E.g. two days ago, my song got streamed more than 200 times, but only by 8 different listeners. I therefore think that one of my friends/family members may be streaming my song on repeat, just to give me streams/money.

Though I of course enjoy the support, I'm afraid that Spotify will detect this as "abnormal activity", and maybe delete my song. Do anyone know how Spotify tackles these issues?

1 Reply

I cannot speak for Spotify but still, I don't think that a red light flashes unless you get a sudden increase of streams from zero to tens or hundreds of thousands overnight. Otherwise, it would be very easy for anyone to disqualify any song just by creating a fake account and putting it in an endless loop. The worst thing I would expect is that you might not be paid for all repeated streams, but I am only speculating here.

Filip

Suggested posts