Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

America Band - song release problem

America Band - song release problem

Hi Spotify!

I was recently listening to the band 'America' (horse with no name etc) and noticed that an unusual song was released from the account 26th of May 2021. It's definitely not the band's song, no promotion has been made about it and it certainly doesn't sound like them. The song is called 'america' with a guy in a red outfit as the cover. 

Just posting in case a concerning hacking has happened, or something technical has just gone wrong.

Thanks so much.

Kate 

1 Reply

Hi @skatie,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify displays music according to the metadata delivered to Spotify by the artist's label or distributor; however, sometimes new releases are erroneously uploaded to an incorrect artist profile. Currently, there's no technical solution in place that can prevent errors like this from happening, as Spotify relies on submitted metadata.

If you notice incorrect content, I recommend reporting it as is described in this support article. There you’ll find a form for getting in touch with Customer Support, under “Broken or incorrect content”; and after you fill in and submit this form, the right Spotify teams will look into this issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts