Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Any way to control spotify library/playlists from phone or any device?

Solved!

Any way to control spotify library/playlists from phone or any device?

Hey guys, as first preference I would like to remotely control my spotify library and playlists from my iphone, if not then from an android phone. is there any options for this?

If not, then is there any device which will do this please? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

i found this article last night:

https://techcrunch.com/2014/11/06/spotify-now-lets-you-use-a-phone-or-tablet-as-a-remote-for-your-de...

I will try out Premium trial to see if this will do it. The article is suggesting playing music on your phone then connecting to and getting the music to play on the desktop but what I am seeking is to have my desktop running spotify on my speakers and simply using my phone to control spotify, hoping this will be the answer, will report back.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there @hzfombye4j5vtih,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

In order to answer your question, i'd have to ask which functionality are you looking for by asking if you can control it ?

One Spotify account logged in from different devices shares the same exact content.

Meaning, what's added or deleted, liked or disliked on one devices will appear on the rest of the devices used with the same account.

Regardless, you can learn more about Spotify Connect feature here, which is another functionality to manage between devices.

Hope this helps.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Hello. I am thinking the normal controls, play x song, next track, previous track

and if i can change playlists then perfect.

Hi @hzfombye4j5vtih,

thanks for the quick answer !

I suggest you learn more about Spotify Connect from the link i added above.

Hope this will answer your question 🙂

Ok, great, I will look into soon as i get the chance, will let you know, thank you.

Hello, looking into the link you gave, I am not sure if I understanding it or maybe i haven't stated accurately what I am looking for so please help me clarify?

I have spotify on my phone which I can open up and play but what I am seeking is to remotely control spotify which is playing "on my computer" and not on the phone, is that possible please, if yes, what do I need to do?

Marked as solution

i found this article last night:

https://techcrunch.com/2014/11/06/spotify-now-lets-you-use-a-phone-or-tablet-as-a-remote-for-your-de...

I will try out Premium trial to see if this will do it. The article is suggesting playing music on your phone then connecting to and getting the music to play on the desktop but what I am seeking is to have my desktop running spotify on my speakers and simply using my phone to control spotify, hoping this will be the answer, will report back.

yes, this process allows me to control the music playing on my pc from my iphone.

Suggested posts