Audiobooks on Spotify - let's build a list of what's available

Solved!

Re: Audiobooks on Spotify - let's build a list of what's available

Rickymedium

Hi so i'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I rely pretty heavily on audiobooks to consume literature and I'm having a hard time figuring out if the audiobooks spotfify offers are complete or just parts of the full-length books. If anybody has an answer for me it would be greatly appreciated thank you.

brian807
Casual Listener

I cant see 'words' on my version of Spotify in Ireland.

MadmanOnWheels
Roadie

What words are you referring to?

brian807
Casual Listener

Everywhere I have read it says audiobooks can be found in moods &genres in words section - I have never seen that section 

Hey Spotify: Want more of my money? Offer a super-premium subscription that provides access to an Audible-style library of audiobooks. I'm paying them $15 a month for that, but I like your model better. 

tensuillio

Re: Rickymedium: It depends on which recording you find. In some cases, you only get radio adaptations, or selections from the book; in many other cases, you get the whole book. Whole books are typically broken up by chapter, and whole plays by act or scene, so if you catch sight of a book or play you'd like to listen to, view the album it's on and see if it's a long list of chapters, or just a few short ones. Some of the abridged books are still quite good - a recording of Kurt Vonnegut reading a shortened version of his own Slaughterhouse-5, complete with an introduction and personal asides, comes to mind - but I generally prefer the whole-book approach.

Highlighted

richardmet

Where can I find the "Word" section? I'm using Spotify in The Netherlands and I don't see it in Browse > Genres & Moods...

Triggger12345
Casual Listener

I don’t wanna listen to any of those audio books im more intrested in jk Rowling, roahl Dahl,  Beatrix potter, but u don’t have them or anything else that might peek my interest so thanks for closing my topic few hours after opening it,

hpoint
Casual Listener

But it's in German. I've been trying to find an English version but it doesn't seem to exist.

Triggger12345
Casual Listener
We spend a lot on Spotify and be good to have tons of English choices of all different types of books from Steven king to Roald Dahl jk Rowling ect but I have to pay Audible 7.99 a month for one book per month which I go thru in one day
SUGGESTED POSTS