Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Breaking out of my algorithm

Breaking out of my algorithm

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung something

Operating System

No idea

My Issue

Hello, I listen to Spotify pretty regularly and for most of it Spotify is exactly what I want and need it to be. But I do get annoyed that I have trouble finding new songs or genres to mix up my playlists with. Currently, when I go into playlists created by Spotify looking for new music I get songs that I have either already favourited or songs that I have heard and passed up as something I don't like.

My potential solutions

-have the option to switch off the algorithm for a bit(resets suggested songs to the equivalent of a new users profile) then switches back once they reactivate the button

-Have certain playlists that go outside of the algorithm 

-Make it so that people can have a master page and multiple sub-pages on their Spotify so that when they search for a song or listen to music on one it affects the algorithm for only that sub-page and ties into the master one.

Benifits

Any of these options will allow the users who want to explore new avenues not to need to struggle to find complex ways to break out of the algorithm and try new music. It will do this without sacrificing the comfort the algorithm provides to the average user, but make the more avid listeners enjoy your service more. Lastly, this will also give artists a better chance at getting discovered and will expand the number of people who listen to more niche genres.

1 Reply

Hey @Patrick83,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We're happy to see you're passionate about improving the user experience on the app. We have a process for handling feature requests through a simple process you can follow. This way you can be sure your suggestions will reach the right team for review. Here is more on how it works. 

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts