Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can I somehow influence the Discover Weekly algorithm? Exclude languages or something?

Can I somehow influence the Discover Weekly algorithm? Exclude languages or something?

Plan: Premium, Denmark. Now living in Finland.

In May 2015 we were on a 1,5 week road trip through Italy. Back then we listened regularly to some Italian songs/playlists. Have not listened to them since.

Cue 6 years (!) later: my Discover Weekly still on a regular basis adds Italian language songs, and since I have an auto-backup running of my Discover Weekly playlist, it's driving me absolutely insane, because I constantly have to clean my playlists.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do about this?

1 Reply

Hey @DutchViking,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently there is no way to manually influence what goes into your recommendation playlists like Discover weekly.

As a workaround you can try creating a new account, and following the steps in this Guide to transfer your music library. When you do an account transfer your algorithm will be calculated anew in the first 1-2 weeks of listening. So your recommendation playlists would not include music that you no longer listen to.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts