Christian Genre Removed?!

Re: Christian Genre Removed?!

Michael33c
Regular
Sounds good 

ASMarr
Roadie

OK thanks guys - so it seems NZ and Australia at least can’t access the Christian genre ... but now I can’t find any way to contact Tech support. Only FAQs and this community, and FB messaging is disabled too. Anyone know how to contact Spotify Tech or Customer support directly?

Michael33c
Regular
Sorry. No idea 

cait345
Regular

I'm in Aotearoa New Zealand too.

I cannot find the way I contacted them the first time on their website - maybe it has been removed.

But send an email to: support@spotify.com.

You should be able to reach them that way.

ASMarr
Roadie

Thanks cait345. I’ve emailed them and waiting for their reply. Also if everyone can search for ‘Christian Genre bring it back to the genre page’ in this community you can vote there for it to be restored.

ASMarr
Roadie

OK, just got this reply from Spotify support and have already replied to say that while we can vote to have it restored (we need 100 - see my last post) we don’t understand why this should be necessary as it was removed by Spotify, so isn’t as though its a new idea.

FROM SUPPORT:

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear that one of your favorite features is no longer available. No worries, we can sort this out.

We’d love to have all the world’s music, podcasts, and videos available on Spotify in every country - and hopefully one day we will!

We know that the genre being available is very important to you so we encourage you to support it on our ideas board. It looks like other Spotify customers also share your idea. You can add your voice to it by giving it a like!

Be sure to keep an eye on the status of the idea too, ideas that reach 100 votes are reviewed by the Community team on a monthly basis, and are then passed onto the right folks here at Spotify.

KiwiTank
Casual Listener

It is approaching 100 likes, so hopefully that will help.

Unfortunately it looks like what you got from Spotify was probably a cut and paste response, so I don't hold much hope that they will do much about it. After all, as you said, this was a genre that was already present until very recently, so Spotify have all the data they need on how popular it was. They hardly need to test the waters in the community here where far less of their users ever set a virtual foot. 

ASMarr
Roadie

You’re right Kiwitank. It is just a c/p reply but at least we have a target now. We only need 17 more to vote, so let’s hope we get that from this community and I’ve posted the link on my FB page too.

Michael33c
Regular
Hi there

Where do I go to add my vote?

vaalseun
Music Fan
SUGGESTED POSTS