Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Christian Genre Removed

Christian Genre Removed

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

It appears that the Christian genre has been removed from All Genres under Search.  While I realize I can search "spotify:genre:christian" to get to that genre, it isn't fully featured like other genres anymore.  For instance, the New Releases section doesn't appear when using that keyword for search.  I realize not everyone would have the Christian genre as a genre they would be interested in.  However, I feel like a great feature would be to personalize genres under Browse All rank-sorted based on the specific user's preferences.  That way, those interested could still see the Christian genre, fully featured with sections like New Releases.  That'd be more relevant than 90% of the genres listed under All Genres for me at least (and I'd have a hunch quite a large portion of the Spotify user base).

6 Replies

.It appears this is one of their new changes. As a longtime premium member I am disappointed and will consider taking my business to Pandora. It is interesting to see and out of touch see that the Christian genre was eliminated for categories like “Call Her Daddy”. Spotify, you can do better. Please reinstate the Christian genre. 

I completely agree. Please bring the Christian genre back otherwise I'll take my business elsewhere.

Please bring it back!!

yes, please add it back! super annoying to have it taken off.

when it was up, it was so helpful and became one of my favorite things on the app.

This was my Friday go-to! New releases under the Christian genre helped me find a lot of music that I very much enjoyed. 
Please bring it back!

Yes I just noticed it was removed this morning and it was my top genre! Please bring it back or I will have to consider changing services!

Okay, I'm glad I am not the only one who noticed. I thought I was going  crazy or something. Spotify, please bring the christian and gospel genre back!

Suggested posts