Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Content Question

Solved!

Content Question

I was a professional jazz trombonist for 60 years. I just went for the Premium trial. I have several CDs of the albums I have selected. I first noticed this in my car.  A lot of the tracks go off key several times. I've always been known to have a pretty good ear for music and it is obvious to me, so much so, that at times I don't even recognize what tune is playing until I listen for several minutes. Is this because of the streaming and can it be corrected?  Has anyone else made this observation?  I can't be the only one? It is the same on my desktop.

< Moderator Snip - moved to Content Questions >

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @edman222, help's arrived!

It may be that the version you've been listening to using the CDs is written differently as to the version that was uploaded to Spotify by the artist. Are they key changes big differences from your CD version? Is the rythme and tempo still the same?

Cheers,

/tr

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @edman222, help's arrived!

It may be that the version you've been listening to using the CDs is written differently as to the version that was uploaded to Spotify by the artist. Are they key changes big differences from your CD version? Is the rythme and tempo still the same?

Cheers,

/tr

Some of them definitely sometimes waver from in tune to out of tune. The beat seems to remain the same. I have had most of these Cds that are in my library and I could tell right away that something `wasn't right.
There are times when it was so bad that I didn't even recognize the tune until it was well into playing. Is there a problem with older selections? When I chose the 30 day trial I expected it to be better quality but it's not.

ED MAINA

*snip*

Thanks for that, @edman222!

Spotify doesn't modify the audio that's provided by the artist/label, but as a Spotify Premium subscriber, you're able to stream content at a higher playback quality. Find out more here https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/high-quality-streaming/ 🙂

Does this help with the sound? If not, would you be able to let me know the Spotify URI for the track? 

Cheers!

/tr

Hi Edman. 

I realized the same but as other members replied , quality of recording depends on equipment , tools, program and studio. I have been using native instruments products for years and for example while mixing 2 songs from same musician , sometimes mono/stereo balance could go wrong and it is not able to hear tiny mid range sounds. Spofity has a kind of developer in the setting menu but changing the high quality streaming  needs a good internet speed and data. With home wi-fi system is easy to get it but for our phones we need to have the same quality internet connection as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Have a great day.

HI all,
Just noticed this the quality does depend on the equipment used...
Thanks for the insight.

Suggested posts