Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Def Leppard request

Solved!

Def Leppard request

Where is the full discography of Def Leppard!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Goldsmith11,

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is unavailable, the artist or their music label has likely decided to not make it available in Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later. Hopefully it will come back later.

Contacting the artist is a good way to let them know you miss those albums in Spotify.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Def Leppard's dispute with their old label, which still holds the rights to their classic albums, is legendary.  The label wants to release them for download and streaming, but Def Leppard will not allow them to do so without renegotiated terms, and the label refuses to budge on the terms from contracts signed in the 1970s.

They have re-recorded three songs (Pour Some Sugar on Me, Hysteria, and Rock of Ages--not, curiously, the number-one Love Bites) and attempted to come as close to the original as possible.  The entire Hysteria album is available in a live performance from Las Vegas (Viva! Hysteria) which is actually very good, considering it was done in 2013, more than 25 years after the album's release.  There is another live album that includes good live versions of the hits from both Hysteria and Pyromania, among others.

The originals cannot even be purchased other than in CD form, not from iTunes or anywhere.  This is not likely to change unless the label is willing to renegotiate with the band.  Joe Elliot had claimed they were going to do more re-recordings (starting with Love Bites), but that hasn't happened as they have been putting most of their energy into touring.  Hope this helps.

Marked as solution

Albums just appeared in the UK today. 

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Goldsmith11,

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is unavailable, the artist or their music label has likely decided to not make it available in Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later. Hopefully it will come back later.

Contacting the artist is a good way to let them know you miss those albums in Spotify.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Def Leppard's dispute with their old label, which still holds the rights to their classic albums, is legendary.  The label wants to release them for download and streaming, but Def Leppard will not allow them to do so without renegotiated terms, and the label refuses to budge on the terms from contracts signed in the 1970s.

They have re-recorded three songs (Pour Some Sugar on Me, Hysteria, and Rock of Ages--not, curiously, the number-one Love Bites) and attempted to come as close to the original as possible.  The entire Hysteria album is available in a live performance from Las Vegas (Viva! Hysteria) which is actually very good, considering it was done in 2013, more than 25 years after the album's release.  There is another live album that includes good live versions of the hits from both Hysteria and Pyromania, among others.

The originals cannot even be purchased other than in CD form, not from iTunes or anywhere.  This is not likely to change unless the label is willing to renegotiate with the band.  Joe Elliot had claimed they were going to do more re-recordings (starting with Love Bites), but that hasn't happened as they have been putting most of their energy into touring.  Hope this helps.

As of today, the three studio re-recordings have been removed.  Is this a sign of something in the works for the originals?  Can we hope?

Marked as solution

Albums just appeared in the UK today. 

Yes! They are available here too! ๐Ÿ˜„

osorniosSpotify Star

UPDATE:

DEF LEPPARD IS FINALLY HERE (I mean that all there albums are available, including "The Vault".).

Follow me

Suggested posts