Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop APP

Desktop APP

Operating System

Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I've had this new desktop version for about 4-5 months. It was not that good at first, but in time most of the issues were fixed. Still, I want to share some issues with the app (in my opinion of course):

1- The new social activity tab is very inefficient because the name of the song and the artist are next to each other. If one of the names is rather long, you can't see the other one. Knowing the album is not that important but; knowing the name of the song or the artist is important.

2- The profile button is also not very useful. It would be better if it was just click&go. Like, if I click on my name, I want to go to my profile, not get a bunch of choices. You can put a small arrow next to it so if I want the choices I can click on that.

3- I know this one is rather new. The full-screen feature came back but it is different and kinda worse. It shows you the album cover in the bottom left, and on the background, the artist. The problem is that most artist's pic on Spotify is just terrible. So my suggestion is to put the album cover only like it was before. Or maybe just colors.

4- Artist's name is right under the name of the song. I just simply think that's 'bad', as I mentioned before artists are more important than albums. The artist's names should be more visible. If you want you can make it a choice of the user. (This can apply to all the problems. You can give the tools to users so they can perfect the app for themselves.)

These are the most important issues in my opinion. Also, I want to thank everyone who are working on this app, because it improves weekly. I just wanted to give you some opinions.

Have a good day 🙂

1 Reply

Hey there @Ege-S,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features.

We have a thread about the new desktop experience where people can leave their feedback. You can find it here

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts