Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Desktop][Playlists] feedback bug

[Desktop][Playlists] feedback bug

hi there,

I am reaching out about the feedback option next to songs and release radar suggestions. I continually press "hide this song," and ironically, the SAME tracks appear every week on my release radar. the current algorithm or setting does not consider when I try to tailor my algorithm to myself as best as possible. 

I think it would optimize the Spotify experience if the algorithm could be as individualized as everyone's tiktok feed-- I don't want to repeatedly see the same recommended tracks even if I like that artist or song. there needs to be either a better algorithm or more curation if that will remain a feature.

maybe highlighting random users' playlists more, more ability to easily find music from other profiles/playlists (non-AI or spotify generated).

I feel there is also potential to use this platform as a better version of last.fm (or similar to what that website used to be.)

thank you kindly,

chloe

4 Replies

Hey there @chloemiu

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

We're sorry to hear that you've been receiving recommendations you didn't enjoy in the Release Radar playlist. We can confirm the Hide this song feature blocks a certain track from the specific playlist on the current device. The way that Release Radar is set up is that it gets renewed every Friday and counts as a new playlist. Because of this, the songs that you had hidden in the last week might still appear in the new one.

Additionally, you can mute an artist so it won't be played again. From the mobile app, head to the artist's page, tap on the 3 dot menu and select "Don't play this". This will affect all your devices. 

We also suggest taking a look at this article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists. Take into account that the Don't play this feature only prevents the songs by the blocked artist from being played. They might still show up on playlists and even in your recommendations, but the songs should be skipped. Currently, there's no way to visually "hide" the songs by the artist.

On another note, a similar idea has already been suggested hereDespite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for your quick reply!

There are several tracks, not just one, that continue to show up on my release radar every week despite pressing it. Is there any way this can be changed? I will mute the artists that I’m not interested in, in the meantime.

Thank you for sharing the article on “improving playlists.” Still, those actions are things I already do and don’t seem to be working, especially as an avid music listener and user of Spotify for a decade or more.

I also checked out the other idea you shared with me and notice the request is from 2012. Since it has been 11 years, can there be a request to reevaluate, as there are a number of upvotes for this?

Just really hoping the Spotify experience can improve a bit more.

Thank you kindly,
Chloe

> On Jan 7, 2023, at 11:48 AM, Community Mailer wrote:
>
> Hi chloemiu,
>
> Eni (Moderator) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:
>
>
> Re: [Desktop][Playlists] feedback bug <>
>
>
> Hey there @chloemiu <>,
>
>
> Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.
>
>
> We're sorry to hear that you've been receiving recommendations you didn't enjoy in the Release Radar playlist. We can confirm the Hide this song feature blocks a certain track from the specific playlist on the current device. The way that Release Radar is set up is that it gets renewed every Friday and counts as a new playlist. Because of this, the songs that you had hidden in the last week might still appear in the new one.
>
>
> Additionally, you can mute an artist so it won't be played again. From the mobile app, head to the artist's page, tap on the 3 dot menu and select "Don't play this". This will affect all your devices.
>
>
> We also suggest taking a look at this <> article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists. Take into account that the Don't play this feature only prevents the songs by the blocked artist from being played. They might still show up on playlists and even in your recommendations, but the songs should be skipped. Currently, there's no way to visually "hide" the songs by the artist.
>
>
> On another note, a similar idea has already been suggested here <>. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.
>
>
> If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.
>
> Reply | Accept as Solution <> | Give a Like <>
>
>
>**bleep** .
> You are receiving this email because you were @mentioned and the message matches your subscription to a topic.
>
> To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings <> or unsubscribe <>.

Hey @chloemiu,

Thanks for your reply.

We'd like to add some insights about this behavior. Keep in mind these playlists (e. g. Daily Mixes, Release radar) are created by Spotify based on your recent listening activity. We'd suggest you make sure the Private Session is off, so the algorithm can gather enough info about your most recent listening activity. Also, make sure you're listening to music not only from other recommended playlists like Discover Weekly or Daily Mix, but through the Search option as well.

Keep in mind that if most of the music you listen to comes from your personalized playlists, the new suggested content won't update as often. It's worth mentioning that these playlists update regularly, so please give them some breaks, explore some new music, and check in the coming weeks and let us know how it goes.

On another note, as mentioned by @Eni, even though the status is set as Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote and subscribing to the idea to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share. We still keep an eye on that idea.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, just reporting back in as suggested. I am still disappointed with spotify and its inability to make effective changes. The post you forwarded me is 11 years old -- that is not productive. I have been using spotify since 2010 and know how the system works.

Please come up with a resolution other than redirecting us because no one at spotify wants to look at the issues. 

Suggested posts