Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Greek Music

Greek Music

Hi,

I am a new subscriber of Spotify, via Cosmote in Greece. Actually I was waiting a lot of time for Spotify to come to Greece and from a Greek operator to support it via free data plan.

Unfortunately, I realized that the most of Greek songs I use to listen are missing. At the same time other streaming services in Greece, like Akazoo, are full of Greek music.

I searched over the internet and I saw that Greek users from other countries are complaining about the sudden disappearance of Greek tracks from spotify exactly the date that Spotify was officially released in Greek market. Is it true? Does it mean that you had all the Greek music and now you stopped to have the rights?

Could you please let us know what is happening in order to let the Greek users who love the Greek music, to decide if will continue to use spotify and pay for the premium service or not?

What are your plans for artists like Thanasis Papakonstantinou, Sokratis Malamas, Hainides etc???

Thank you in advance,

Kostas

8 Replies

Hi. You may want to take a look atpoint 5 of the music FAQ which explains about missing content.

I am really fed up with Spotify, because most of my greek music has gone!

I will stop my Spotify order (about 10eur/month) and order Mygreek.fm (less than 2eur/month).

With Mygreek.fm I can listen such of kind greek music Spotify has not never sold!

Bye bye Spotify - forever!

Now Πάνος Κίαμος and Γιώργος Νταλάρας are gone, and none/very few new songs have been added for the greek users.
This is very dissapointing and I am seriously considering to cancel my subscription.

I guess we Greeks must collaborate on this...and share playlists

Dear Kostas,

Εισθε Καλλα;

Είμαι τρια generation Ελλινας and I really enjoy Greek music like Hasapikos, Kalamatianos, Cretan Syrtos plus Zeimbetikos

Even I have three handmade Bouzouki, Laoito and the Baglama

So I would appreciate hearing music on Spotify

Hi! Listen to NEW FRESH hits directly from Greece! This playlist is updated every week.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

First, we hope you don't mind us moving this thread to the right board so more users with similar questions can find it more easily.

If you're having troubles finding content in the app, we'd recommend taking a look at this support site article first.

Keep in mind that content is added on Spotify from rights holders and availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from them. 

If you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts