Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Help! presentation abaout spotify

Solved!

Help! presentation abaout spotify

Hey Guys!

I am studying Mediacommunication and I have to do a presentation about Spotify. I will talk about the idea behind spotify, its features, I have to compare it with other streaming services etc..

Now I do have some questions because it's really difficult to find all neccessary information and I would be so happy if you could help me. (If you have special information you found in the web I need the web link because I have to list all the sources..):

I have premium for 2 months now. Do you know if you still can only listen up to 10 hours a week if you aren't premium user?

Do you know which streaming service is the leading one? I know that Spotify has better user numbers than Deezer but i can't find any official statistics. That would be so helpful.

What can you tell me abaout Spotify Now? I saw the video in the website of Spotify but I can't find anything about now itself. It's new, with videos and podcasts as far as I know but can you already use it?

Thanks for your help!

Operating System Version:

Spotify Version:

Description:

To reproduce:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. ...

Workaround:

Additional information:

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cinzapostroph, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I have Moved your post to put it in the correct section, Regarding you question:

1. Whether you have premium or a free subscription you can listen to as much music as you want

Here's the subscription comparison:

BbPNyUzCMAAIWIx.png

2. Leading is a relative term, numbers and reach wise Spotify leads, its latest numbers say it has 75 million active listeners, of which 20 Million are paying subscribers, but latest speculations say they are nearing 100 million active listeners.

Spotify Now is designed to offer you the right music at the right time to fit into the moment, from morning to evening, giving you music that spotify believes you want to here at certain times of the day depending on listening habits, type of music etc.

Its main idea is to provide music for you conveniently so you don't have to look for songs to match what your doing at the moment.

Spotify videos/podcasts (Spotify Shows)(Link 2):

This is Spotifys way to expand its business from just music into a content provider, by offering you popular podcasts and videos for anything from keeping up to date on the latest news or tech releases, to your favourite reality show, comedy clips (EG: Comedy central) or your Sports

Some other content that you may be interested in: 

Running:

Probably one of the coolest features for me is Spotify running, Spotify running plays music that has been created for the feature by top artists (like Ellie Goulding, Tiesto etc.) that changes depending on your tempo, so the more intense you run, the faster pace the music becomes and vice versa, it is also capable of recommending tracks for you using your listening habits to motivate you depending on how fast you are running.

Concerts:

basically this is a feature to buy concert tickets of concerts near you, the artists that it displays are artists you listen to or that are popular near you, you can also change your location with the press of a button.

Discover weekly:

Probably one of Spotifys most successful features, Discover weekly gives you 30 songs every week that Spotify believes you will love, and to be honest, they have been killing it, theirs a nice article here and here that explains exactly how it works.

The Party Feature:

One of spotifys newest additions, basically, its a DJ in your phone, you just select the playlist set the mood and it plays tracks, with perfect crossfading so their is never that akward silence, and it also skips boring parts of songs and gets right to the good part, it has playlists by artists such as Diplo. Spotify held what they described as "The biggest party in the world" on new years eve when they had top artists host playlists for every hour during the countdown to new year

Behind the scenes:

This feature is the newest Spotify feature and hasn't officially been named yet, but by the looks of it, I think its name is behind the scenes, basically, this is a feature that was created by Spotify and powered by genius, to display a songs lyrics on iPhone and Android, and give some extra info about the song your listening too, although it is still limited to top tracks and some hip hop playlists, the idea is one day every song will have this feature, here's some articles about it here and here

I hope this helps, anymore questions please feel free to ask me here, ill be happy to ask them, and if i don't know ill be sure to ask a staff member about it 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @cinzapostroph, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I have Moved your post to put it in the correct section, Regarding you question:

1. Whether you have premium or a free subscription you can listen to as much music as you want

Here's the subscription comparison:

BbPNyUzCMAAIWIx.png

2. Leading is a relative term, numbers and reach wise Spotify leads, its latest numbers say it has 75 million active listeners, of which 20 Million are paying subscribers, but latest speculations say they are nearing 100 million active listeners.

Spotify Now is designed to offer you the right music at the right time to fit into the moment, from morning to evening, giving you music that spotify believes you want to here at certain times of the day depending on listening habits, type of music etc.

Its main idea is to provide music for you conveniently so you don't have to look for songs to match what your doing at the moment.

Spotify videos/podcasts (Spotify Shows)(Link 2):

This is Spotifys way to expand its business from just music into a content provider, by offering you popular podcasts and videos for anything from keeping up to date on the latest news or tech releases, to your favourite reality show, comedy clips (EG: Comedy central) or your Sports

Some other content that you may be interested in: 

Running:

Probably one of the coolest features for me is Spotify running, Spotify running plays music that has been created for the feature by top artists (like Ellie Goulding, Tiesto etc.) that changes depending on your tempo, so the more intense you run, the faster pace the music becomes and vice versa, it is also capable of recommending tracks for you using your listening habits to motivate you depending on how fast you are running.

Concerts:

basically this is a feature to buy concert tickets of concerts near you, the artists that it displays are artists you listen to or that are popular near you, you can also change your location with the press of a button.

Discover weekly:

Probably one of Spotifys most successful features, Discover weekly gives you 30 songs every week that Spotify believes you will love, and to be honest, they have been killing it, theirs a nice article here and here that explains exactly how it works.

The Party Feature:

One of spotifys newest additions, basically, its a DJ in your phone, you just select the playlist set the mood and it plays tracks, with perfect crossfading so their is never that akward silence, and it also skips boring parts of songs and gets right to the good part, it has playlists by artists such as Diplo. Spotify held what they described as "The biggest party in the world" on new years eve when they had top artists host playlists for every hour during the countdown to new year

Behind the scenes:

This feature is the newest Spotify feature and hasn't officially been named yet, but by the looks of it, I think its name is behind the scenes, basically, this is a feature that was created by Spotify and powered by genius, to display a songs lyrics on iPhone and Android, and give some extra info about the song your listening too, although it is still limited to top tracks and some hip hop playlists, the idea is one day every song will have this feature, here's some articles about it here and here

I hope this helps, anymore questions please feel free to ask me here, ill be happy to ask them, and if i don't know ill be sure to ask a staff member about it 🙂

Hey Jean3601!

Thank you so much, you helped me a lot.

There is one question left open:

Ek says that Spotify Now ist already available for iPhone users in certain countries. So Spotify is already producing videos for its users?

Hey @cinzapostroph

To answer your question, Not exactly, Spotify itself doesnt really produce videos, rather it just hosts content, such as the clips from comedy central, and epic rap battles of history etc. 

so They dont make content them selves necessarily 🙂

Just incase you need it: 

You have full permission to use my work/answers in this post and on this website for your Presentation 🙂

Suggested posts