Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I scrobble local files to Last.fm?

Solved!

How do I scrobble local files to Last.fm?

Hi everyone

So I have been using Last.fm for quite some time now and it's great. But there is some musical content that isn't available on streaming, that I would like to be able to scrobble without using the Last.fm app or website

But I have a problem: I'll give you a rundown

1) I Downloaded a mixtape named "Amerikkkan Koruption" by Capital Steez off of Datpiff

2) I added the entire mixtape to my local files

3) Pressed play on one of the songs off the mixtape

4) Checked Last.fm to see if it was scrobbling

But it wasn't scrobbling

So if anyone can help or make/show me a step by step guide on how to make local files scrobble I would really appreciate it

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @AQ_Pro_Era, how are you?

Scrobbling local files from Spotify is functional, however you should keep a couple of things on mind:

1. It won't show that the local file is currently being scrobbled. It will get added to your scrobbles once it's done.
2. If a local file has nothing in the Artist column, it won't scrobble at all. Any file you wish to scrobble must have metadata for Artist and Title.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @AQ_Pro_Era, how are you?

Scrobbling local files from Spotify is functional, however you should keep a couple of things on mind:

1. It won't show that the local file is currently being scrobbled. It will get added to your scrobbles once it's done.
2. If a local file has nothing in the Artist column, it won't scrobble at all. Any file you wish to scrobble must have metadata for Artist and Title.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

**bleep** that was it thank you so much

Also there can be problems with capitalised file extensions of your local files, so rather use *.mp3 and *.m4a instead, or the Spotify desktop app will not recognise them, so they won't get scrobbled.

For local files scrobbling in your media player you would normally use the Last.fm desktop scrobbler, either the legacy one supporting older iTunes versions, WMP, Winamp/WACUP and foobar, or the new version only supporting iTunes/Apple Music and WMP. There are other local media players with internal scrobbling options, too, like VLC, AIMP or MusicBee.

Suggested posts