Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How does Spotify find music ?

How does Spotify find music ?

Hi , does anybody know how Spotify finds all songs available , do they buy LPs and CDs and copies it to Spotify or how do they do it ? There are many album/songs that are not available on Spotify , why ? Can I contact Spotify and suggest albums/songs ?
Hope someone can help me , Ulf G.
5 Replies

Hey,

Spotify isn't responsible for new releases. Artist are those who should think of uploading their content. Spotify is just a streaming service where artists could upload their content.

Hope this helps answering your problem
Just trying to help other people

Thank you ! So not being able to listen to many favorite songs on Spotify , I Will have to live with it , right ?

Hello @ubag and welcome to the community,

Records labels, Digital distributors, individual artists, send albums, EP's, Singles to Spotify to make it available to stream. They send also the metadatas going with each recordings.

If a song or an album is not available, it's most of times a decision of the label or of the artist. Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard, daily, to convince them to have their music available for all the users of the service.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okay Thank you ! Does Apple music work like this also - I have read that they have more songs than Spotify ?

@ubag

That's a question to ask to Apple Music. I only care about Spotify. 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts