Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing Albums from Porcupine Tree.

Solved!

Missing Albums from Porcupine Tree.

I do miss some albums from a great band called Porcupine Tree like:

-Lightbulp Sun;

-Fear of a blank Planet

-Stupid Dream

-Signify.

It is a bit of shame that they are not yet on Spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Tonetje sorry to hear that! they are wonderful ^_^

It's unfortunately not the choice of spotify what albums to release and which countries can see it. For that reason, I'd suggest reaching out to the artist or label!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The same goes! Copyright law dictates that Spotify has no power to add music if the label or artist chooses not to share certain albums. Reaching out to them or their labels is the best way of changing that ^_^

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

@Tonetje sorry to hear that! they are wonderful ^_^

It's unfortunately not the choice of spotify what albums to release and which countries can see it. For that reason, I'd suggest reaching out to the artist or label!

-

Marked as solution

The same goes! Copyright law dictates that Spotify has no power to add music if the label or artist chooses not to share certain albums. Reaching out to them or their labels is the best way of changing that ^_^

-

-

You are absolutely right. The more I hear music related to Steve Wilson the more exited I get. Hope he reads this thread too.

They were actually available but I don't know what happened

Fear of a blank planet album are now gone on Spotify.. life feels empty now

What happened to Fear of a Blank Planet??!?!? 😧

First, "Stupid Dream" and "Octane Twisted" (Live) disappear last year. Then  in 02/26 (yes, i listen PT daily) "Fear of a blank planet" and other albums dissapear from spotify whithout any explanation. I did check Apple Music and Tidaland they have those albums available in their selection. Please, PLEASE check this. I don't want to change to other service nor download the music via torrent.

And it was there a few weeks ago! Eternal sadness. u.u

I've been wondering how can we put back the album? Can we request Spotify or something.

Fear of a blank spotify! Don't worry, or at least should you have the albums on cd, you can always upload them for your own personal use on Spotify. That's what I have done just yesterday. Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun and FOABP. My life feels complete now!

Yeah!

Just yesterday I was disappointed that there is no In absentia, deadwing or stupid dream but today those are added (for a while at least). Any clue why label (or Wilson) is taking records away and then next day adding those back? Really annoying!

This most likely is related to the albums being owned by the label not the label not making them available. Interesting how as a workaround spotify has live versions of some of the missing albums:
1. Octane Twisted for The incident

2. Anesthetize for Fear of a Dark Planet

That's probably the band's loop hole around this album release issue.

Suggested posts