Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing Music...why?

Solved!

Missing Music...why?

Can someone explain why the following albums have recently gone missing:

Pavement - "Brighten The Corners"

Pavement - "Terror Twilight"

Smashing Pumpkins - "Pisces Iscariot"

Smashing Pumpkins - "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness"

Smashing Pumpkins - "Adore"

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "The Tyranny Of Distance"

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "Hearts Of Oak"

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "Shake The Sheets"

Is there an ETA for the return of any of these?

Also...Is there any chance that the following will be added soon:

Built To Spill - "There Is Nothing Wrong With Love"

Modest Mouse - "This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About"

Modest Mouse - "The Loneseome Crowded West"

Modest Mouse - "Building Nothing Out Of Something"

Genesis - "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway"

Peter Gabriel

Pink Floyd

John Lennon

Your competitors seem to have them...

108 Replies

This is dumb. I'm already sick of spotify playing the same 5 songs over and over again for hours on end no matter how many times I thumb it down.

Now all my favorite songs from Michael Franti are missing. Time to listen to youtube instead. 😜

I'm never wasting my time listening to spotify again. o/

Unless Franti has gone all Taylor Swift / Jello Biafra against Spotify, I can't imagine why his songs would fall off. Then again he's always been kind of an enigmatic one. 

Hey @Azlorn

Welcome to the community. We'd love to help you get the issue of songs playing over looked into. 

Were you playing these from Radio? If so, would you mind teling us the seed (I.e. album, playlist, etc) and which 5 songs are playing over and over? 

Thanks.

That sounds like a whole lot of work, man. What do I get out of it?

You'll get a hand drawn picture of me riding a dragon @Azlorn. Enticing, I know. 

Its actually rather simple. Just tell me where you started radio from last. For example, below I started a radio station from a playlist.

2015-08-19_1827.png

After that just copy the track links of the songs that play over then post them here. You can find them like this.

2015-08-19_1828.png

I have no clue what you are talking about! Lol

I must decline.

You make me sad. If you change your mind, let us know and we'll get this looked into with our radio team. 

Hello,

I went there and the question was not answered to my satisfaction. I'm using spotify as my music collections for now but am now looking for an alternative. I had the entire Neil Young collection downloaded and now its gone. I can't find anything on George Harrison or Sreve Miller. If I can't find the music I care about, I'll cancel, but I really don't want to because of the inconvenience. Any answers?

I found if the artists are missing, it's because they did not want their music on here and had it removed. So you just have to Purchase their albums thru iTunes or at an actual store. Right now there is no source that has them all for $9.99 a month.

Rats I was really enjoying that. Thank you for your fast and honest
response.

Neil Young has apparently withdrawn his music because he's unhappy with the sound quality of streaming (it's a ridiculous reason, but there you go - Neil is a bit of a crank these days).  The handful of albums that are still available are from his period on Geffen records and he no longer owns the rights to them.

thank you

Song req

Please spotify, Add my favorite album from Saxon. The album is called "The inner sanctum"

I've noticed the same using the app version on my Kindle. The entire Labyrinth OST is gone and a number of Celldweller albums are missing (and he doesn't restrict his music at all).

Ashton Shepherd - This is America (full album)

Please add the following:
- arash & helena- broken angle
- yoshida brothers: strom
- kendji girac: andalouse
- Wiliam Youn plays Mozart Sonatas volume 2 (album)
- aretha franklin: think (the blue brothers version)

- Faydee- Maria

You are on the right track regarding this issue.  I have a vast collection of records and CDs.  I have burned CDs that reflect oldies from 1955-1973.  Searching for a certain song can be frustrating.  You may find it only to discover that it's a re-recording, so I have to listen to the first 15-30 seconds of the song to confirm it's the original recording.  But then there is that certain oldie that seems to be missing.  You'll know immediately when you do the search to find only karaoke versions of a song.  A song like, "Double Shot (of my baby's love)  by the Swingin' Medallions, or "Hitchin' a Ride" by Vanity Fare.  Just two examples of songs from the 60's that have made their money but whoever owns the rights now (and most likely not the writer(s) or the artist), are just sitting on it, or so it seems.  I have 5 copies of Double Shot, 4 on CD and 1 on vinyl.  I think I've paid enough times for that song by now (still love it though).  The point is, a guy my age (61) and many in my general age group, are the only demographic that is even interested in a song like this.  And now, some greedy smarty pants wants to squeeze one last nickel out of a song that was a one hit wonder for 6 weeks in the summer of 1966.  

This morning I suddenly found out that one of my favorite albums "Follow the Reaper" by Children of Bodom had suddenly been reduced to a few tracks. All the other albums seem to be there. Is that a technical issue too or has the album been removed? If I can't be sure that my music is there when I want to listen to it, I don't see a reason to stay a premium user.

Suggested posts