Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing Music?

Missing Music?

In response to the numerous missing music posts, I've paraphrased this from Spotify's music FAQs.

Spotify wants all the world’s music to be available in all countries. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. 

Thousands of albums and artists are being added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

You can also open this form and provide Spotify with feedback. 
When doing so, do please keep in mind that this is an internal list they will use at regular intervals, to see how much interest there is for any given band. Submitting a name does not mean they will magically be showing up soon.

130 Replies

Anyway that track I believe is on the previous Arthur and Friends release a couple of years ealier and is called:

Arthur and Friends: The First Almost Real Not Live CD (or Tape)

the reason being I believe is that the release was available in both formats cassesst tape and CD, and was release October 20th, 1998. I did do a search under Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers , as that was when he would have made the song and which Artist name he was recording under at that time.

Please put back green day albums warning and insomniac albums back please:(

Why isn't the last album of Girls' Generation on Spotify? I mean, the last release was instant, when it realeased it was available on Spotify, but with the new album isn't the same. Even they have the album image in the artist image, but no the album itself. 

@theshinesoul1

Hello:

Are you posting about this release?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Heart_%28Girls%27_Generation_album%29

that release does not get officially released until tomorrow August 20th, the singles from the forth coming release are already on Spotify, at least for U.S. listeners. What is your listening region currently? Because of world time zones in some Spotify listening regions, that new release could be available for some Asian countries already?

Thanks but no I'm referring to a band specifically called Sojourn music and their new release named New Again it was released Jan 20 of this year. 

Green Days Insomniac and Warning have been pulled. We need Insomniac back it is the 20th anniversary!

@Patty9752

Hello:

I did a look up on both of those releases by Green Day.

Insomniac is available currently in these listening locations:

<territories>AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI GR GT HK HN HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MX MY NI NL NO PA PE PH PL PT PY RO SG SI SK SV TR TW US UY</territories>

Warning is currently available in these listening locations:

<territories>AD AR AT BE BG BO BR CA CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI FR GR GT HK HN HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MX MY NI NL NO PA PE PH PL PT PY RO SG SI SK SV TR TW US UY</territories>

If your two letter Country code is not listed under both releases, then those releases are currently unavailable in the Spotify service in your local listening region.

spotify:album:7d3nOmFvL51roNElAdpi9d

spotify:album:3ifIxGNsG1XmLdoanRRIWB

@theshinesoul1

The new release of Lion Heart has dropped today as expected on official release date:

spotify:album:5NlwMhwLycO4kyzphjhM3e

Also the release is available in these locations in the Spotify service:

<territories>AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CA CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI FR GB GR GT HK HN HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MX MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PY RO SE SG SI SK SV TR TW US UY</territories>

For some odd reason Korea is not listed, maybe there is a unqiue special edition for that region only, not sure what is up there?

Anyway there the release is for which ever listener currently has access.

Yes Southern Sons looks mucked up!

Hi, 

I currently have a premium account registered in the UK, but for some reason when I want to listen to some Danish bands, I can't find any of their music at all, despite that I know that they have songs released on Spotify in Denmark, e.g. bands include Lukas Graham. 

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Totally agree and I have also just completed a request for Budgie to be included.
Regards Jim

I am not seeing the albums that carry 'My Heroine' by Silverstein that were up there in October.

I already know why but also some of A Dat To Remember's albums under the record label Victory Records are also not there right now.

- Steve

This is why i am leaving premium, customer since many years... i have a huge playslists now and 5% of my songs are unavailable and sometimes it's for albums that i often listen to.

Back to old habbit, downloaded my playlists on MP3 hight quality, thanks god i found an easy way to do it. and now i will use spotify as additional player not my main one anymore !

This is a real mess because we are paying for the service.

Spotify should make a cotract to oblige editors to leave the song as it is once published, it's like you buy a disk and after 2 years the editor know at your door to get the disk back because he decided to.

Even legally it's not that correct thus kind of behaviour, "because we can then we will do it ?!!!" it's not a reason ! at all !!!!!

Numeric technologies should make us progress not regress.

I was really happy to use spotify like that editors get money, but now,  f*** them. i am back to the dark side nothing better than that.

Ciao

Note : many solution are available to sync music, google music etc. the migration will be easy.

MISSING MUSIC
I would like to see more music bands Budgie and Lucifer's Friend . Thank you

this is a strategy that record companies use to sell more records *"records" henceforth denotes a sale of some kind, be it physical copies, e-commerce, etc*

you know when they agree to put something on Spotify, they get so little payment.

might as well keep the lesser known albums up to keep the interest alive.

in marketer speak: keep a piece of inventory "in-market".

this keeps it so record companies can still sell a maybe decentish amount of records and turn a profit.

**bleep** record companies, always wanting to make a profit!

Big record labels are like Communism.

agreed, although i have pretty much their entire catalogue. but rudimentary peni needs to be on there.

There's only 2 of Rollins Band albums when there should be at least 10. Not cool.

Why Isn't this song on spotify?
IMG_9204.PNG

Suggested posts