Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Multiple artists with same name

Solved!

Multiple artists with same name

I'm not sure whether I should see this as a bug, feature, or something else. Although I have found great music this way, it kinda annoys me when Spotify lists music from multiple artists with the same name as music from one and the same artist.

Examples:

Julian Angel - For a Ghost: French singer/songwriter

Julian Angel - Choreography sucks: German rock ... thing

Everest - On a Approach: American indie alt-country band

Everest - Velocell: Swiss electronic ambient duo

So, Sportify, is it possible to list these artists as separate artists instead of making it seem they're one and the same?

73 Replies

The problem is we received an e-mail telling us that that post has been marked as the solution to this thread 😛

can someone please re-open this ticket? nothing was done towards solving it. 

Hi,

Several other discussions about this exist on spotify community. One such discussion says "report such cases on this specific webpage and we'll split them". But, as of today (Nov-2017), the link provided there doesn't work for me, it just says "You do not have sufficient privileges..." . This other discussion is "case closed", thus it is not possible to report over there that the link doesn't work anymore.

Link to the other discussion:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Separate-Artist-with-Same-Name/idi-p/69379/page/15#com...

Regards, O.

This feature should be integrated directly in the spotify clients web/Win/Mac/mobile etc. 

Let the users alert and submit notifications for review by spotify admins.

Yeah I'm trying to manage our artist profile and separate our single from the rest of the songs from another band. Hope this gets addressed.

I'm getting exactly the same issue as  xlono01 when trying to follow the link. I now have a few artists that are doubled or even tripled up so it would be really great if this was sorted out!

I can’t find my name in Spotify for artist because of this problem and the add url button won’t work either 

01560FE0-7C64-45AC-9D13-C6B5675BC485.png

We are having the same issue, if you know anything...please could you let us know?

Hi,

Has anyone tried the "Line in" tool? Spotify said it could be used to solve/report this kind of problem. For example the artist "Ludvig" is both the Singer song writer and the electronic/ambient artist, two monumentally different genres...

I can't seem to find a way to report it in the Line in tool and it is quite frustrating for artists that use their own name not to be able to differntiate themselves in the artist pages...

I've ran into this issue on a few occations, usually when I'm listening to my "Release Radar" and get shown songs that are from an artist that has the same name as an artist that I like to listen to... except it's NOT the same artist.  The songs are usually in a completely different genre, and sometimes even in a different language.   Spotify needs a better system for tracking artist names.

PS: the example that finally brought me to post here is I was shown a song called "AKIRA" by a band named "Gemini".  I listen to Gemini (songs like "Feel at Home" and "The Turnaround"), but this song AKIRA is definitely a completely different artist.

Hello friends, same issue here.

I ran into a message form allowing to report the same name artists and have reported the case with bluesman Smokey Wilson and another artist by the same name being shown as one, and also the same case regarding of Bill Morrisey and Morrissey. No changes yet happen and no replay to my message, so I think it doesn't work. Strange that we have no replays from the Spotify team - the issue is an important one and should help to improve the app greatly, not to say to give fair and proper treatment to the artists. Let's hope for that we finally get some attention. 

This is still an issue! You used to be able to report issues with metadata in the Spotify desktop app, no longer though. I often get music by a bad German rapper called Devo in my Release Radar (instead of the American band Devo), and I got a song by an American rapper TOKYO instead of the group that performed with Nina Hagen

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you notice a track or an album on Spotify isn't playing correctly, or the information (title, cover art, release date) is incorrect, you can report it to us by following the steps here.

Keep in mind that if you're an artist and you've noticed something doesn't look quite right with your music, you can instead follow the steps in listed in this FAQ by Spotify for Artists. If your track is mixed up with another artist's, you can follow the steps here instead.

On another note, if you spot that instead of an artist you follow you see recommended content by an artist with a similar name, we'd suggest taking a look here for more info on how to report this.

Further, we hope you don't mind us marking this post as a solution so it's easier to find to users looking for the answer to a similar issue.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else! We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts