Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Multiple versions, same ISRC, how can I control which version will appear in "Popular"?

Multiple versions, same ISRC, how can I control which version will appear in "Popular"?

I released 3 versions of the same song. They all have the same ISRC, since the song is the same, but small things have changed, like adding a vocal delay or a new master.

How can I control which version will appear in my "Popular" section on my artist profile? Is there a way to do this? Currently it is the first version, which is not the one I want featured.

Thanks for any answers. If it's not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

3 Replies

Hey @dmilesburton,

Thanks for the post.

We recommend you reach out directly to our Artist support team here. They'll be able to answer all your questions related to your Artist profile 🙂

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi mate. 

This is the thing: ISRC stands for International Sound Recording Code. It's not a code for an individual SONG, but a code for an individual SOUND RECORDING of a song.

That means, if the sound recording is different (like you said, a different delay or a different master), then they are no longer the same sound recordings, therefore should not have the same ISRC.

But sometimes the changes are too minor to gain traction as a new song so one might just want the streams equal across the versions

Suggested posts