Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist Code

Playlist Code

Hi! I just wanted to know if the code of the playlist I made will change once I add or remove a song from it? That "sound wave"-like icon?  had one of my playlist printed as a key chain and scared that I won't be able to use the code to scan anymore once I add a song.

8 Replies

Hello,

Your Spotify Code should remain the same even after altering the contents of the playlist. I just tested it on my own playlist and the code remains the same. The code is based off the playlist link; the songs on the playlist do not change the link. 

Hope this helps!

Tiona

Hi,

As said above the Spotify code doesn't change if you edit a playlist - the link is for the playlist name rather than a link to the songs, so if you edit the link is the same regardless.

Hope this helps you out! 

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

That's correct. The playlist code should work as long as the playlist URI doesn't change (i.e.: if you delete the playlist and create a new one). 

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, Ana

How did you have that done? Is it through an online company, or just a local one. Would you post a picture of it? I'm curious to see how looks, how big it is, and what it's on.

I guess you don't have to get Spotify's approval, if it's just for yourself, but I'm thinking about having some made of mine, to sell.

Follow me

So addition/deduction of songs in a playlist doesn’t affect the code. What about changing the name of the playlist? will that affect the code? i made a plaque with the code on and i just thought of a better name for it 😭. Thanks in advance ❤️

Hello 💚
I'll be referring back to the @Novy's previous answer.
The link shouldn't change as long as it's the same playlist, even if you change name/edit it.
Thanks 💚
TaylithSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, what if you change the playlist from public to private?

Hi there @arty_lifted,

Thanks for the question.

The link does change depending on the privacy settings of the playlist. If the playlist is set to Private you can share a link with your friends, but they can use each shared link for 24 hours.

More about playlist privacy - here

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts