Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Recommended songs

Recommended songs

Seriously, these recommended songs at the bottom of the playlists... Why are they not based on all the music on the playlist? 

I have for example a very new and very short playlist with only 8 songs where 2 of these songs are in Swedish. Now all the recommended songs for that playlist are swedish trallala/singer-songwriter, pop, hip-hop, swedishsummersongs-songs. And if I update this recommended songs-list it just comes MORE! What can I do to get rid of all these swedish songs!?

I have another playlist, an older one with exactly the same problem but there, only polish songs in the recommendation-list.
So in that playlist 3 out of 41 songs are in polish by polish artists. The rest is a mix, mostly english and some instrumental songs. But, all the recommended songs are polish from polish artists.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
I really like this feature but I'm drowning in this ocean of polish and swedish recommendations and it would be nice with a little variation.

Can someone help me? I would be eternally grateful.

All the best!

7 Replies

me, it's the same song recommended in the base of the playlist, because my playlist is based on electro and rock while the recommended songs at the bottom of the playlist is only Hip Hop.

Why the recommended songs are Hip Hop songs, because I do not like Hip Hop.

Check out my playlist, maybe you Will discover something new you may like¡ 😊

https://open.spotify.com/user/zyresway/playlist/1RLjCAZ2eUjdpLru7ISUIr?si=-SUL5Un1QFa9-Rd0_Jx8Vg

If it doesn't suit your taste, I can suggest songs/artists to your taste¿ 😌

Haha, thanks! I will check it out! 😄 

It was mostly frustration and when trying to contact Spotify I was just redirected to this community. 
I still wonder though, why have this feature if it doesn't work?
I hope you will get rid of all the hip-hop-recommendations in the near future and I will look for new music in different ways on Spotify 🙂 

I have the same problem I have no edm/house or swedish music in my playlist yet it keeps recommending me avicii and other swedish songs to add to it and I can't use the feature to find new songs cause its just filled with those useless recommendations

Hey @royalexecuter,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Keep in mind that the entries  in the recommended songs are based not only on your personal entries, but also on your region and the playlists of other users with similar songs. That's why it might take a while for the list to get filled with more songs that better fit your taste. You can help the algorithm by expanding your playlist and your library with new liked songs and albums or liking additional artists. That would speed up the process. Another tool you could use is to use the option Create similar playlist from the context/ three dot menu of the existing one to try and find other fitting tracks.

Hope this helps. The Community is here for you if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mihail

how to deactivate the feature recommended songs  in the playlist of the new desktop app.  in the app legacy I could disable this feature. 

Hey @Flanstario1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Currently, it's not possible to hide this section in the desktop app. 

However, it seems that some other users feel the way you do and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts