Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Release Radar goofed up

Solved!

Release Radar goofed up

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Belgiium

Device

laptop, ipad, samsung A71

Operating System

Windows 10, Webbrower, ipadOS 15, Android 12.

My Question or Issue

Since last weekend, I assume after the last Release Radar playlist update of Friday. My Release Radar playlist is completely goofed up.
One of the thoughts was i.e. someone hacked my account. All by all i opened a case with Spotify support. Which was by itself not the best experience. Anyhow the conclusion with them was that my account was fine and not hacked at least. So for me that leaves the options that Spotify Release Radar algorithm went hay-wire. 
My playlist sudden has what I recognize as chinese songs. Hence I am being from Belgium/Netherlands have none of those type songs/artists as preference or in my playlists. Like a Chinese person likely wouldn't have dutch songs. 

Spotify support couldn't help further to correct the Release Radar playlist. The support person said the only thing I can do is now wait and see if Release Radar retunes itself after while. But for the time being it is a useless playlist for me. 
I already marked those songs as I don't like them. In the hope it has some effect. 

I wonder if others ever had a similar experience and how then Release Radar adapted back to songs that are in line of what you like or prefer. 

Brgds, Bas. 
2022-10-17 10_51_13-Spotify Premium.png2022-10-17 10_25_30-Spotify Premium.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello Community,

I promised to provide an update. Indeed it must have been a Spotify backend goof up. Because with the new refresh of the Release Radar playlist it looks back as more or less as to be expected again. 
So I rest my case on this one for now. Hopefully it was a one time glitch. 

On the overall topic on Spotify. Luckily the community is responsive and helpful. That can't be said too much of Spotify (Support) itself and taking it customer base serious. 
It is that my daughter (we have a duo subscription) likes Spotify. Otherwise this fellow would have left to higher resolution grounds in the meantime.

Bas.

View solution in original post

2022-10-21 13_38_21-Spotify Premium-Release-radar.png
4 Replies

Hey @inetbas.

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If the issue persists after your next Release Radar, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. This one is more thorough than the usual one. It'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and fixes and will remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

In the meantime, a good way to improve your recommendations would be to check your Liked Songs to see if there are any songs in Chinese (or any other language you wouldn't want to hear) and remove them. Using 'Do not play' button consistently is a good idea as well, so keep doing this and you should get less improper recommendations with time.

Hope this info is useful 🙂

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello Lyubka,

Thank you for your reply.  The issues of this suddenly goofed up Release Radar playlist shows up on all my platforms, Windows PC, andriod phone, iPad.  So I don’t think this is an app issue. I have used Release Radar often en regular and the songs presented sofar were in-line with my taste and liking.  I checked my own playlists and they show nothing irregular. So that in my view it can’t explain these sudden overwhelming Chinese songs.  I will of course check what Release Radar will present me next Friday. I keep you and the community posted. Brgds, Bas.

Marked as solution

Hello Community,

I promised to provide an update. Indeed it must have been a Spotify backend goof up. Because with the new refresh of the Release Radar playlist it looks back as more or less as to be expected again. 
So I rest my case on this one for now. Hopefully it was a one time glitch. 

On the overall topic on Spotify. Luckily the community is responsive and helpful. That can't be said too much of Spotify (Support) itself and taking it customer base serious. 
It is that my daughter (we have a duo subscription) likes Spotify. Otherwise this fellow would have left to higher resolution grounds in the meantime.

Bas.

2022-10-21 13_38_21-Spotify Premium-Release-radar.png

Hello Again,

Spotify Release Radar starts playing up again with a goofed playlist to me.  After a few weeks looking better again'Chinese' songs pop-up.
2022-12-21 11_52_42-Spotify Premium-release-radar-goof-up.png

Suggested posts