Remove Censored Songs

Remove Censored Songs

Something34523
Roadie

I add music to Spotify and then when I am enjoying the music it cuts out where words like "pot" or "Compton" are supposed to be. How can I disable this and only listen to uncensored songs?

15 Replies

Re: Remove Censored Songs

licenced
Community Legend
It's up to the publisher/rights-holder which version(s) they submit. Sometimes they will submit both so you just need to select the right one for your playlist. If they have only submitted the clean version then there's no other choice.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

NoFacebookHere
Music Fan

Yes but it's very hard to determine espcially when ever album could possibly have both versions and its not clearly indicated. The butchered version should be default be hidden (there could be a setting for this, since some people might have reasons to prefer the butchered version.)

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Directly from Spotify 

"Spotify does not censor music in any way. We simply make the music available in whatever form it was given to us.

Albums are often released in two versions: the "explicit" and the "clean" version. Usually, both versions are available on Spotify. However, as both versions are seen as identical, they will be grouped when shown in the artist view page. Only one of these albums will be immediately visible. The other album can reached by clicking the button that displays duplicates, a small arrow to the far right-hand side next to the album title."

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Nigel
How do I display duplicate albums within the Spotify iPhone app?

simonktng

Nobody wants to hear censored songs. A simple toggle in settings to hide censored songs would be ideal. This is a feature request. Thanks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi simonktng - The best place to give feedback/ feature requests is our Ideas Board. 

There's a similar idea to this here: Explicit Only/Edited Only Option It's worth adding your Kudos if you haven't already.

toler1305

For certain songs they have different titles, such as "Lily Allen: **bleep** you" and "Lily Allen: F**k you".

chrishough
Casual Listener

I agree, there should be a way to BLOCK censored tracks.  

genace
Music Fan

Career of Evil -- Blue  Öytster Cult -- alters lyric "I'd like to do it to your daughter on a dirt road".  Since the world does not comprise strictly 5 year olds, I find this meek.  We have devolved.

Censorship, not the outrageous, should be the outrage.

SUGGESTED POSTS