Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Removing songs

Removing songs

Hi ! I'm just wondering why couple of songs are removed from spotify instantly. For example, i had in my library such songs as : Slayer - Repentless, Nightwish - Elan, Blind Guardian - Black Parade, Helloween - If I could fly; and now they are not avaible. What's going on ? Is it temporary ? I've noticed that some albums on spotify are gone. Do you know anything about this ?

8 Replies

hello!

The bands/artists might have wanted to take their music back on this service. Most likely; disagreements cause artists to take the given copyrights of their music from Spotify, and eventually get their music deleted from the service. However, I believe Spotify is working hard to solve these issues and they will be available on the service soon. 

Same for me, Slayer - Repentless has disappeared, the metal content is very porr and now they remove some existing stuff, it's a shame 😞

Noticed that about Nightwish- Elan, checked the albums but can’t find it 😕 

Hey @AcieJ, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We'll have the songs available for you as soon as they're available to us again. As the other guys mentioned, keep in mind that some content is not available and that it can be removed due to licensing reasons. You can find more info about content here.

Let us know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'm pretty upset by their recent removal of Vessel's Helioscope... pretty ridiculous considering the rest of their albums remain.

Is the same thing happening with j cole songs because friday light nights used to be on spotify and now its not, now cole world the sideline story is being removed.

Is there a way spotify can bring back some music by phora that was deleted. It's a album called sincerely yours by an artist named phora. Most of the songs on that album was deleted. Also a song called Antarctica by SuicideBoys. Please and thank you.

Dear AcieJ

Your songs might be getting removed off your spotify playlists for a few reasons. I have tried to summarize the reasons briefly but descriptively as it is probably one of these.

1. The artists publishing these songs have wantsd to remove their songs off spotify

2. If your playlist is a daily mix, some songs are taken out and some songs are added every day, so it is normal to lose a few songs as time goes by (just add them to your favorites to keep them)

3. The playlist you were listening to updates itslef. Playlists such as RapCaviar update by themselves to keep up with new songs, therefore eliminating the old ones.

4. You might have clicked remove song from playlist, believe me it happens.

Hopefully this solved your problem/issue,

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts