Rodriguez not available in Costa Rica?

Re: Rodriguez not available in Costa Rica?

caracaulfield
Casual Listener

It's only available Cruficy your mind, because this song it's included in another album shared with other singers and Inner City Blues and I'm Gone to Live till I Die which are no part of his two famous albums Cold Fact and Coming from Reality. I think all countries have same situation . Rodriguez is on a Tour.Saturday in NY and then he comes to Europe!!! Sure he needs money. In the past he had kind of legal problems related with royalties of his albums reclamed by thirds and no more albums during past years . For me Rodriguez is one of the best and obviously he is not an ambitious man, so I'm thinking about paying some euros for having Rodriguez in my life 

Re: Rodriguez not available in Costa Rica?

LeonardoUY

Exactly the same happened to me. I hope this change in the near future

Re: Sixto Rodriguez

HeMan1984
Casual Listener

Good day,

I'm missing the songs from Sixto Rodriguez since last week.

Seems like Spotify didn't extend the contract with the label.

What can I do now? I just switched from Appel Music to Spotify because of Rodriguez.

Rgds

Hendrik

missing Songs from Sixto Rodriguez (GERMANY)

HeMan1984
Casual Listener

Good day,

I'm missing the songs from Sixto Rodriguez since last week.

Seems like Spotify didn't extend the contract with the label. Because all of his songs were available on Spotify before.

What can I do now? I just switched from Appel Music to Spotify because of Rodriguez.

Rgds

Hendrik

Re: missing Songs from Sixto Rodriguez (GERMANY)

LeoRager
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community :)

Spotify would like to have all the world's music available on Spotify, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Therefore, anything which they have the right to upload and has been provided to them, should be available on Spotify.

If you still can't find the music you're looking for, try contacting the artist or record label and ask why their music isn't on Spotify

You can also open this form and provide Spotify with feedback. When doing so, do please keep in mind that this is an internal list and Spotify employees will check it at regular intervals, to see how much interest there is for any given band. Submitting a name in that form doesn't mean they will magically be showing up soon.

Have a great day,
Leo

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

@HeMan1984

Albums from Rodriguez are available in some countries.

For more informations, check this post :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Rodriguez-not-available-in-Costa-Rica...

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

carolcamp10

missing in the united states too -  very sad. wth, spotify??

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hello @carolcamp10 and welcome to the community,

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Music missing can also be related to a licensing problem. Licensing rules are not the same from a country to another. That can lead to have albums available in some countries and not in some others. Usually when a licensing problem is solved the music can be added or come back if it has been removed.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

Thanks for your understanding.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

RobdeQuartel

Ik really hope the licensing problem will be solved soon! Still strange that one song is still left.

Re: Sixto Rodriguez

GillianDelvigne
Roadie

Hi @designkiller , @markus-k85@HeMan1984

Thank you all for inquiring about the absence of this wonderful artist.

Sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. However, he might reappear later.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

Or if you want you can also listen to this "similar to Rodriguez" playlist : 

https://open.spotify.com/user/gillian_delvigne/playlist/2Y7LAcpnLMDBY4Aqc9TBjo?si=3imz4vx0R-2qzbOlGe...

Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS