Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Sort Artists by Recently Liked/Added Songs

Sort Artists by Recently Liked/Added Songs

Plan 

Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

I feel like the artist sorting changed based on how it used to be. Even though Sorted By has had the options of "Name" and "Recently Added" for a while (from what I can remember), I feel like how "Recently Added" works has changed and an option has been taken away that I used to use all the time.

I believe "Recently Added" used to sort the artists by recently added/liked song, instead of how it is now sorted by recently added/followed artist. I understand that sorting the artists based on recently followed probably makes more sense with what "Recently Added" means in this context, but I miss the way it used to be as I liked to binge-listen by artist based on what I have recently discovered by them, and I don't always have the greatest memory for the names of the artists whose songs have been recently added.

Am I misremembering things, or isn't this the way that this used to be sorted? And in either case, would it be possible to have another option for Sorted By, like "Recently Added Song" or something like that?

3 Replies

Hi there @SpencerCloud,

The way Sorting/Filtering in the Artists tab works is by showing the latest artists you've followed on the top of the list if you sort by Recently Added.

If you think other users might also like to have more sorting options, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having a similar problem with music playlists. When I sort by "recently added" on mobile it puts recent tracks on top, and you can reverse the order if you want. However when I sort by "recently added" on desktop, it puts them all at the bottom, and there's no way to reverse it! Seems like a bug that needs to be submitted to the design/dev teams?

Hey there @bricetuttle,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

When sorting a playlist by recently added on desktop, you can click on the sorting icon again and it'll change the order from oldest to newest, to newest to oldest. You can also click it one more time and it'll be reversed to how it was in the first place. Find more info here.

If you're having any trouble, could you send us a video/screen recording where we can see how it's behaving on your end?

You can attach it to your next reply by tapping on the video camera icon in the post editor.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts