Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Needs To Get Off My Playlists

Spotify Needs To Get Off My Playlists

I have Autoplay turned off. I have smart shuffle turned off. The playlists I’m having issues with are not marked as collaborative.

That being said, random songs keep showing up in my playlists, playlists which have far more than 15 songs by the way, and it’s really annoying. Someone please tell me why Spotify keeps adding songs that I don’t want to my playlists.

I’ve attached some pictures. Most of the songs pictured were not added by me, and again none of these playlists are collaborative. As you can also probably see, most of these songs do not match the playlist

IMG_1385.png
IMG_1386.png
IMG_1387.png
5 Replies

Hey there @jrbaldwin,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

We'd first recommend making sure that no one else is accessing your account and adding songs to your playlist by logging out everywhere. You can follow these steps to do so. 

If you're still seeing random songs added to your playlist, you can take a look at this article to find some helpful tips on how to protect your account. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No one else has access to my account.

Thanks for returning, @jrbaldwin!

Just to be on the safe side, we recommend logging out and securing your account to rule out this possibility of someone else adding the songs.

On another note, did you notice when this started happening and have you done any steps to prevent it? Also, are the songs visible across devices?

We'll be on the lookout.

IvelinaModerator

I had already taken those steps. I don’t even let DistroKid have access to my account. I’m pretty convinced it’s Spotify, because this wouldn’t be the first time the app has done something like this.

Hi again @jrbaldwin and thanks for the response!

Spotify shouldn't just start adding songs to your playlists without your permission and in order to get to the bottom of this, would you mind sharing some more details on the matter with us? 

It'd be very helpful if you could let us know if you're able to see these added songs across devices and if you've noticed when this started happening for the first time. Are these three playlists only affected or others as well and did they use to be collaborative?

Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps to prevent this behavior and does it still persist?

Hope to hear from you soon.

IvelinaModerator

Suggested posts