Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify delete albums?!

Spotify delete albums?!

It's a really annoying issue and it happend to me few times already. Once with The Doors album, second time was with one of my favourite artists - Gramatik. Two days ago few of the albums got just deleted by night.

I'd like to know why is that?

Does spotify have contracts withe the labels and just end after some time? Please let me know it's annoying as hell when after one night half of your playlist is gone without any explanation. It happend to me alone twice already so I guess it must be pretty often practice by Spotify, yet I couldn't find any topics adressing the issue.

Does anyone got annoyed by that?

Can one of the admins can give me their response?

28 Replies

Only the publishers or their aggregators add or remove content. Often, music is removed temporarily when rights change or the publisher is reorganising its catalogue. You can read more in the music FAQ.

And because of this Spotify upload "Stolen Dance - Milky Chance" and delete it after 4 days? Why??? I love this song I sell for premium to hear this song and now they delete it? ......?

@bergerieblanche Did you even read what I said? "Only the publishers or their aggregators add or remove content"

So is Spotify going to re-add these songs back into my starred playlist when they get available again?

@floetotto wrote:

So is Spotify going to re-add these songs back into my starred playlist when they get available again?

It depends if the metadata for the content was left in the catalogue or if the entire album was deleted. 

If you go to the desktop client, then Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Playback > Untick Hide Unplayable Tracks then view your playlist you should be able to see all of the "unavailable" content which is still in the catalogue. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Why is it that so much music is disappearing from my playlists and so much music is just not available any longer. For instance, but I have so many examples, first there was the full album Psychedalic pill by Neil Young. Then there were only three songs of the album and now only one is available. Doesn't really make sense.

This way you still have to buy all the music you really like on CD or MP3.

I too am EXTREMELY bummed by this. I feel like its just been overlooked since hes not the most popular edm artist....

On his facebook he sends a link to download his discography... so it cant have been his descision to delete it off of spotify premium.....

I just want to steam these songs again... I ALWAYS listened to him on spotify. What do we have to do?!?!

*looks around, quite concerned*

Somebody needs to call the waaaaah!-mbulance!

GIVE ME BACK MY MILKY CHANCE STOLEN DANCE!!! THOSE OTHER COVERS SOUND LIKE DYING CATS IN COMPARISON!!! I PAY PREMIUM EVERY MONTH AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO TAKE AWAY MY FAVORITE SONG!!! STAY ON TOP OF YOUR GAME PEOPLE!!! UNPROFESSIONAL.

The link to answer this (and all other questions in this thread) has already been posted by @Joe but allow me to reiterate; please see line item number five on the Music FAQs sticky.

They just recently deleted A Day To Remembers entire album "Homesick".. 😞

Hey @lexirawr22 Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

Seriosuly, I'v ehad like at least 6 albums get taken away, and I'm getting real tired of this **bleep**. Spotify really needs to get their **bleep** together, if they keep doing this people are going to stop paying for premium and they'll eventually run out of people who will deal with it, so go ahead spotify. Test Us.

I was Listening to Highly Evolved by The Vines the other day, went back to listen to Winning Days and noticed that their first 3 albums are gone from spotify and Itunes!! i have given up on spotify as they are not a reliable source for keeping my music collection. i'll go back to adding to my CD collection.

@SBird94

Hello:

What is your listening region on the Spotify service? I checked The Vines artist page, and only these territories below currently do not have access to their first three releases: AU NZ RO SI

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

I am from Australia which is strange because The Vines are Australian.

I know, right!

Am I the only one who can't find E.S.P. by the Bee Gees on there? Maybe I'm just being stupid.

i think you're the only one looking for the Bee Gees

I noticed today that a few of my favorite albums were missing. Spotify can blame everyone else for this, but they are the ones selling the service to people. I find this to be a real problem with relying on music services. I'm going back to buying CDs, at least I will always have the music. Spotify is nice to have, but not when your favorite music disappears.
It's no use contacting Spotify. They will just give you a canned response and blame someone else.
Maybe if people started canceling the service they would listen.

Suggested posts