Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The Replacement Peace Playlist

Solved!

The Replacement Peace Playlist

This morning has been, all around, pretty awful for obvious reasons. Yet, I randomly came across the Peace playlist ("Imagine a world of peaceful coexistence, as electronic, indie, contemporary classical, etc..."), and it made me feel far better. It really spoke to the impact music, and Spotify, can have.

Then, in the middle of my listen, the playlist completely changed, and it was instead changed to be a playlist related to the Las Vegas tragedy. While I believe creating a playlist like that is a good thing, why take out an already existing playlist while people are actively listening to it, possibly for their own mental health after the events that took place in Las Vegas? It's a strange move.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi guys,

I was as disappointed as you, as I really liked that playlist. Luckily, the playlist wasn't updated on my iPad yet, so I created a new playlist containing all the old "Peace" songs as of ~August/September:

https://open.spotify.com/user/1197230754/playlist/5y2rkKaXZBdlwRqauvImff

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi,

I believe you will find this useful, try searching for the internet archive of this playlist on the wayback machine (internet archiving site, google 'wayback machine'), copy the web URL for the current Spotify playlist and paste it there. Luckily, this playlist has been archived in July 2017. 

The trick here is to search for each song manually and create your own playlist. A fast way to do this is to search and add into your library first (+ sign), once done adding all the songs into your library, select all in library and create a playlist.

Be sure to save the playlist, and this time it won't be susceptible to changes like in public playlists. I had the same issue finding this playlist after it changed, and I believe this can help others with the same problem with other public playlists. 

Likewise I can't fathom why you would completely change an existing playlist. Very disapointed, I really enjoyed the old peace playlist.

You rule! While this only covered 30 of the 82 songs, it's still more than I had before. Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

I was as disappointed as you, as I really liked that playlist. Luckily, the playlist wasn't updated on my iPad yet, so I created a new playlist containing all the old "Peace" songs as of ~August/September:

https://open.spotify.com/user/1197230754/playlist/5y2rkKaXZBdlwRqauvImff

I'm so pleased someone saved that playlist.  I've listened to it over and over for months.  So peaceful to me.  I'm dismayed that Spotify blew it away.  I didn't realize I could play someone's else's list.  Thanks for sharing!

thank you sooooooooo much

i was looking for it

Thank you!! 

Hey,

Glad you got your old playlist back. The problem I'm facing now is that I want to access the peace playlist made after the Las Vegas shooting. Just like you I got well attatched and didn't for a second think about saving it. 

Does anyone here have it saved or know a way to get it back?

Ben

So happy to have that list back. Thank you for saving it and sharing with us. I´ve missed it a lot! 😉 

Just wanted to tell you I love you, I remembered recently how much I loved this specific version and couldn’t think of the song names I was looking for. You’ve made my entire week. 

Thank you 🙂 I’m glad it makes you happy 🙂

Oh my goodness, thank you for this solution. I had the same problem as the original poster, and, five years later, there's still no within-Spotify way to find the old playlist. This has worked, though!

Suggested posts