Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Suddenly, I've lost access to several major label acts --e.g. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam.  When I click on a song of theirs to play it, I get a blue banner at the top of my screen that reads, "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."  I still have access to others --AC/DC (thank god!).  But what's up? Is there a dispute with a major label, renegotiation of contracts? 

4 Replies

I've got this same issue and so do others. Mine is I cant play St. Vincent on my work computer running Mac OSX Sierra or my phone but I can on my home computer with the same OSX and specs. A Spotify rep said they could import my playlists to a new account and set it up as a new one, but they didn't seem to suggest this was a true fix just a possible one.

I'm experiencing the same issue with Led Zeppelin and Stevie Wonder. the streaming doesn't work on my Mac but it does on my iPhone. And it's not a playlists issue. any clue? thanks

Well maybe I have found something that could help.

I connected my iPhone to Spotify and I started to play one of the unavailable tracks from this device.

Then I switched the Spotify connection from my iPhone to my Mac. and it worked.

I closed Spotify on both devices and logged in again. it works.

No clue of what happened, but I hope it will last.

@zinschj wrote:

Suddenly, I've lost access to several major label acts --e.g. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam.  When I click on a song of theirs to play it, I get a blue banner at the top of my screen that reads, "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."  I still have access to others --AC/DC (thank god!).  But what's up? Is there a dispute with a major label, renegotiation of contracts? 

That’s very interesting. It does sound like a device licensing issue then.

Suggested posts