Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Trying To Get Legal Right

Trying To Get Legal Right

I am starting a radio station. I will be buying a blanket license so my question is about legally acquiring content. I am confused about my options in developing my playlists/content and am trying to make the process as easy and legal as possible. 

I love the playlists on Spotify which I want to use to develop a list of music content. I ran across DJ Pro 2 Software which integrates ITunes and Spotify for developing playlists. If Spotify has a service where it allows DJs to use its music, do I need to purchase every piece of content that I use if I have a blanket license myself? I will do if needed; I just do not understand how this works. 

Thanks,

Maria

1 Reply

Hey there @socccy, help's arrived!

I'm afraid that the Spotify library is for your individual and personal enjoyment. Broadcast tracks from Spotify is a violation of the Spotify Terms and Conditions that you agreed to upon registerting 🙂 If you're interested in streaming an artists music, your best bet would be to reach out to the artist/label.

As always, I suggest you consult with a lawyer or other law proffessional regarding your rights.

Cheers,

/tr

Suggested posts