WHY do you keep removing songs???

Solved!

Re: WHY do you keep removing songs???

Socomboy12
Also dangerous minds from the movie as well as the remixes from earth wind and fires greatest hit album if you are gonna remove songs I want to listen to then I might as well stop paying the £9.99 a month I'm paying curiosity by Aaron hall is another song I listened to you got rid of feel the funk by immature you got rid of its out of order I've pretty much paid for what I listen to and then be telling me I can't download anymore I have been a subscriber since 2011 so sort it out!!!!!!

Re: Album already on Spotify removed -WHY?

Mimi5278
I had the Joe double back album saved on a playlist and it dissapeared ... Why was it removed?? I keep looking for it thru his albums and not available

Re: Album already on Spotify removed -WHY?

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @Mimi5278,

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Hopefully it will come back later.

More info here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

https://open.spotify.com/album/5Pf9AqcdskIZ5WY2eIhquu

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Brewsk

So why would Spotify remove almost 3/4 of my playlist?  That's the question I want to know.  It wouldn't be such a big issue if there was a way to backup the playlist songs.  Now I have no idea what I've lost.  Thanks for that frustration. 

user-removed
Not applicable

@Brewsk

Hello:

The Spotify desktop app and mobile apps have a setting to show unavailable tracks in playlists for when music becomes unavailable. I use it often as a guide to check back later with artists when their music has gone missing, as music on Spotify tends to have licenses and these are renewed often and content comes back.

Just go to your user image on the Spotify desktop app upper right hand of the app, click on the pull down tab, click on settings, scroll down to Display Options, Show unavailable songs in playlists.

1crazy1
Why do you have the Album but not all songs on the Album

rey342

I hate that you remove music, if we have it in our playlist and we already have a membership, let us keep the music but for everyone else, remove it 

Highlighted

StevenEvans4
Casual Listener
Exactly... Why are certain songs from an album missing if the rest of the album is there?
For instance a few songs from the band RED's album "Innocence & Instinct" are missing. Namely: "Intro (Canto III)," "Out From Under," "Overtake You," and "Nothing and Everything" all stick out to me as omissions from Spotify's catalog

Aofd3
Roadie

I feel you

Victorg84

Recently i've discovered that a song has been removed from Spotify, but just a single song, there is still plenty of songs from the same artist available, can anyone shed some light as to why this happened?

The song in question is "Diamonds" by The Boxer Rebellion. https://play.spotify.com/track/7oOVGPwNmB8JVoBhWlTdht?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medi...

Edit: It seems the whole album this song was on has been removed, "Promises".

SUGGESTED POSTS