Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Watchdogs

Watchdogs

Here's a list of the overseers of Spotify.  I can't help but notices there's no Christian or Conservative watchdogs.  Could you explain the reason for this?  1984?

Southern Poverty Law Center, The Anti-Defamation League, Color Of Change, Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ), GLAAD, Muslim Advocates, and the International Network Against Cyber Hate

13 Replies

I'm disappointed to see the SPLC as one of the sources of so-called hate content that Spotify will rely on. Just being a white Christian who prefers small government will make you the enemy of the statist SPLC. Their tactics are questionable, to say the least. They run smear campaigns of their own that could easily qualify under the "hate content" label. Just do the research.

How about not using the far left, activist SPLC to police content?

I agree. If you continue with this, I will cancel my premium subscription.

Same. I can't support Spotify if they promote the splc. 

What's worse, what they are doing is illegal. SPLC is actually state funded. This group is known to make a farce out of their intent, especially since they are actually easily payed off. Someone can use them to ruin the career of an artist, that might not even have "hateful content". Heck, they even was trying to pin generic Legend of Zelda triforce branded merchandice as KKK paraphenelia. 

I am actually Liberal, Native American, Bisexual and an artist(visual, but I can sing). I am saying this because, I seriously sick of stereotypes. I just want freedom of expression. I want music to be passionate and emotional, even if that emotion is hate.

I'm done if they work with the SPLC. I've had it with the thought police.

I not a user from the U.S and it' been disappointing to see few albums gone thanks to this partnership.

I'm no hater , nor violent, racist or anything. Few metal songs won't change my mind at all . I see this banning of some content pointless. 

I think they are more concerened with someone not promoting LGBT. They don't want  conservative values, pro-life. This is thought police and amazing they are going here.

I just dropped my family's account because of this, and will NEVER come back to Spotify! Heard about it yesterday, dropped Spotify today. I encourage anyone who loves freedom of creative expression to do the same!

Dropping Spotify because of this association with SPLC.

I dropped Pandora because of their progressive B.S. and came to Spotify. Now I have to drop Spotify because of their partnership with SPLC. So be it.

I use it because it's either it or services that are just as expensive, meh or don't have a free option for when I cannot afford it. I hope they listen and there is less content policing in the future. If they fear propaganda, maybe they should work with the FBI and NSA who actually know it's illegal to censor under state and politics (Supposedly) and most of the time actually do what SPLC pretends to do. However I actually don't really agree with the FBI and NSA being involved, they can be just as bad but more creditable.

I think the real issue is, if anyone thinks a "word" or series of "words" are hateful as an aggressive action would be, they are in no way, in any place to define hate.
Words are not hateful, people who hate don't waste words, they do horrible things.  They don't have the brain matter think of a point of view or position.
They don't create, they destroy.

Suggested posts