Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why JYP artists are not included in the kpop playlists?

Solved!

Why JYP artists are not included in the kpop playlists?

It's nice now that Spotify have included k-pop playlists but not all kpop songs are listed. Artists from JYP are not included at all. I've been waiting for quite a while now. I wish to see more latest kpop songs in the playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Zeia @joegg and welcome to the community,

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Music missing can also be related to a licensing problem. Licensing rules are not the same from a country to another. That can lead to have albums available in some countries and not in some others. Usually when a licensing problem is solved the music can be added or come back if it has been removed.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

27 Replies

yea ive sadly noticed that. got7 has just made a comeback and im sad i can't add the new album to my music. hopefully jyp will allow spotify to upload their music!!! 

I personally do enjoy the kpop playlists that available on Spotify now but I seriously need JYP to include his artists songs on Spotify. When that happens, I will celebrate hard. Give me more reasons to subscribe to premium lol

Marked as solution

Hello @Zeia @joegg and welcome to the community,

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Music missing can also be related to a licensing problem. Licensing rules are not the same from a country to another. That can lead to have albums available in some countries and not in some others. Usually when a licensing problem is solved the music can be added or come back if it has been removed.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

JYP might not have licensed the music to your country because Hard Carry by GOT7 is avaliable in some countries.

Same! I keep wanting to listen to got7, TWICE, 2PM, and recently Day6... they're amazing but I can't listen to them on Spotify 😞

I noticed this as well! It's a shame! TWICE is a must for daily workouts.

TWICE's new album's on spotify but it's like locked right now for me.

I think theres some of JYP artist at spotify but,not all of artist under his management are available yet.

Miss A and Wonder Girls :(: are their but it's only one song

The thing is, sometimes I get really confused when people say that they can't see JYP artists on Spotify but I think its something to do with the country you are in. I live in Hong Kong and I could find almost all JYP artists on Spotify... Hope that they will be released in other countries soon!

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.34.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.35.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.35.28 PM.png

For real tho, Twice's new abulm came out and it's really good, man... It sucks it's only in other countries. 😕

What other countries are TWICE's songs available?

Some say Singapore BUT i can't access those songs even when i am in Singapore

Day6 is where its at these days!

We can keep commenting on their Youtube videos and tell them to put their music on Spotify. If they come across comments like that a lot, they might consider it 

The latest KPOP songs are not isted for other artists as well ...Twice " Likey" with millions of views...Why is there not more up to date KPOP on spotify????

In Spain, only one Twice album is available and it is the japanese version, lol. I'm about to learn the "Cheer up" lyrics in japanese better than korean haha!

But for example Got7 is totally missing except for a couple of songs... 

Apple music has JYP.. I am thinking about switching tbh

In Germany they are only a few jyp songs too. 

Get VPN on your phone and change it to a country that have korean version of twice  (singapor) easy 😎

Suggested posts