Why JYP artists are not included in the kpop playlists?

Solved!

Why JYP artists are not included in the kpop playlists?

Zeia
Regular

It's nice now that Spotify have included k-pop playlists but not all kpop songs are listed. Artists from JYP are not included at all. I've been waiting for quite a while now. I wish to see more latest kpop songs in the playlist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Why JYP artists are not included in the kpop playlists?

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hello @Zeia @joegg and welcome to the community,

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Music missing can also be related to a licensing problem. Licensing rules are not the same from a country to another. That can lead to have albums available in some countries and not in some others. Usually when a licensing problem is solved the music can be added or come back if it has been removed.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

26 Replies

joegg
Casual Listener

yea ive sadly noticed that. got7 has just made a comeback and im sad i can't add the new album to my music. hopefully jyp will allow spotify to upload their music!!! 

Zeia
Regular

I personally do enjoy the kpop playlists that available on Spotify now but I seriously need JYP to include his artists songs on Spotify. When that happens, I will celebrate hard. Give me more reasons to subscribe to premium lol

Solution!

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hello @Zeia @joegg and welcome to the community,

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Music missing can also be related to a licensing problem. Licensing rules are not the same from a country to another. That can lead to have albums available in some countries and not in some others. Usually when a licensing problem is solved the music can be added or come back if it has been removed.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

woorich999
Regular

JYP might not have licensed the music to your country because Hard Carry by GOT7 is avaliable in some countries.

HotCoco65

Same! I keep wanting to listen to got7, TWICE, 2PM, and recently Day6... they're amazing but I can't listen to them on Spotify 😞

thesatellite
Regular

I noticed this as well! It's a shame! TWICE is a must for daily workouts.

woorich999
Regular

TWICE's new album's on spotify but it's like locked right now for me.

Arnold_Saputra
Music Fan
I think theres some of JYP artist at spotify but,not all of artist under his management are available yet.

cahermolopez
Casual Listener

Miss A and Wonder Girls :(: are their but it's only one song

SUGGESTED POSTS