Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why are so many continuous mixes missing?

Why are so many continuous mixes missing?

Something rather disappointing I've noticed, as an electronic music fan, is that for many (even most) albums that come with a continuous mix, the continuous mix is the one track that's missing from the album.  Does anyone know exaclty why this is?

5 Replies

Hey there. Thanks for your input.

I'm listening too electronic music like Hands Up, Techno, Dancecore, Jumpstyle and have the same problem.

The reason for this, however, is simple. Spotify pays for every track some money and no matter how long/short track is. I don't know exact payment, but let's say they pay $0.007 for one song. It's may be ok for labels for normal tracks 1-10 minutes. But it's not worth to allow stream a hour masterpiece remix just to receive this little money...

Almost you need to buy these remixes on store and even there you need most likely to get whole album... for the same reason.

Hope you understand it.

That makes sense. I was wondering if that was how it worked.  Honestly, I feel they should make it based on time played, rather than track counts - or count an album mix as playing every track in the album, or something like that.  Possibly something for the future, since I feel Spotify's business model is probably the future of music consumption.

Hi @octagonPerfect I just wanted to jump in here and clarify the post above a bit. 

We make music available in whatever form it’s given to us--the label makes the decision on what's available to stream.

We also have more information about how artists are paid right here: Spotify for Artists

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi @octagonPerfect I just wanted to jump in here and clarify the post above a bit. 

We make music available in whatever form it’s given to us--the label makes the decision on what's available to stream.

We also have more information about how artists are paid right here: Spotify for Artists

Hey Meredith,

Thanks for the response - makes sense. But the issue above does highlight an ongoing problem - continuous mixes being withheld by labels because they are treated as one track for compensation purposes by Spotify. Is there any possibility this would be re-examined in order to encourage more labels to post more mixes? This is definitely a big issue for electronic music listeners. 

Then why other services like Apple music and google play have those continuous mixes and you don't?

Suggested posts