Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why did Spotify remove private mode in web view, and then blatantly ignore user requests?

Why did Spotify remove private mode in web view, and then blatantly ignore user requests?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue
I have asked for a private mode in web view for years now. Every post / ask is marked as not an issue, and valid user complaints and requests are rudely ignored. 

For example, this post gets new votes and comments every other week. A constant reminder to me of a feature I used daily,  and they had and removed. Yet it's "not an issue" to spotify. It is an issue to me, I'm seriously debating dropping Spotify and switching to premium Youtube instead. All because of this.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Can-t-find-settings-for-private-mode-on-new-web-play...

1 Reply

Hey @DJ_SmilingBob,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

The post you're sending has the status "Not an issue" because it is an ongoing issue from 2020, but is not an idea.

An updated idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote and subscribe to it. 

Regardless of the status of the idea, it is still open for voting and Spotify will check it out if it reaches the necessary amount of votes. You can find more info on how the ideas process works in this article.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts