Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why has Nirvana's Incesticide been removed???

Why has Nirvana's Incesticide been removed???

I LOVE NIRVANA
and the fact that one of there most underated and amazing albums has been removed makes me mad. I love Incesticide and there were some songs exclusive to that album that i love. Why was this album removed?
23 Replies

Hey there!

Due to certain copyright restrictions and legal requirements, Spotify may not always have every song available for listening. Songs and albums are generally removed or not allowed to be added because of a request from either the artist or the recording company.

Is there something missing that you were expecting to see? Go ahead and submit a request here to find out about missing content.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi, although the album appears to be missing from nirvanas profile page, i managed to find it by searching for hairspray queen lol, hope this helps 🙂

Some songs afe still on spotify from that album, but aneuryms is gone and it's a shame, i'm sure thisnis something to do with f*****g Courtney Love lust for money

now that the album is back, big long now is gone AND ITS MY FAVORITE SONG

"Big long now" is still available: https://open.spotify.com/track/34ysULIo4NO0rRrWbqfcnu

as is the enire incesticide album: https://open.spotify.com/album/2QkjMzi7VUlN3cu0kpxJSb

@Potherca

Not the entire album, depending on listening regions. I am missing four tracks from that release, four tracks that are greyed out. Most of Nirvana's past content has been going through Deluxe, and Super Deluxe re-releases of the last few years. I would suspect this release is probable going through the same process from the label owners, and copyright owner's over the original recordings of this release? Would not be a bit surprised to see an Extended, Deluxe, or even possibly a Super Deluxe version of this release re-released, adding additional rarity or "lost" content from this time period from the surviving band members.

I can hear only Downer. all the other songs are in grey

Hey @danielnacher

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify likely does not have permission from the artist / record label for the other songs on the ablum to be available so that is why they are greyed out.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm guessing it a region thing. I'm in the Netherlands (West Europe), all songs are available here...

Yeah, on East Europe (Spain) there are missing 4 songs (Dive, Stain, Big Long Now and Aneurysm) and Been A Son, Turnaround, Molly's Lips, Son of A Gun and (New Wave) Polly have been renamed adding "BBC (etc) Session". That's why I don't like using these crappy streaming services. It is always better buying albums in physical format.

I'm in the Nederlands too, and my favorite song in the album is removed, 'aneurysm'. Guess i need to wait until it's back.

There's 4 songs still missing from the album: 1. Dive, 3. Stain, 14. Big Long Now and 15. Aneurysm I decided to report them and see if there's some reason for this problem.

And yet again they give the basic reply back when I reported the missing songs:

Hi xxxxxx,

Thanks for reaching out. We know it's not cool that some songs on Nirvana's Incesticide were missing. Let us explain more.

We’d love to have all the world’s music, podcasts, and videos available on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back! 

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions for us. We're just an email away.

Take care!

xxxxxxxxx

Spotify Customer Support

thanks for literally absolutley nothing dude

If you added the whole album Incesticide to a certain playlist in the past you can still play all these songs.

She sold the rights to those songs years ago. 

Also, as I've looked around it seems that some competitive streaming-services actually have the full album available for streaming. So, there's something wrong with Spotify and their contract concerning this release.

@By2TM wrote:

That's why I don't like using these crappy streaming services. It is always better buying albums in physical format.

And yet here you are, not only listening to Spotify, but feeling strongly enough to go to the forums and post! XD

This is why I never get rid of physical album copies. We're all at the mercy of the record companies, publishers, etc. 

Suggested posts