Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wrapped doesn't include songs played by Spotify Connect

Wrapped doesn't include songs played by Spotify Connect

I was suspicious that my time spent listening was very low and that my most played track had only 10 plays.

I spend most of my time listening on other devices using Spotify connect.  It would appear that songs played this way are not counted.

I looked at www.statsforspotify.com and sure enough only those tracks played directly on my phone or computer are listed and none played on other devices via connect.  This has to be an error!

5 Replies

Hi @kdistin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel the results are not accurate, however, your Wrapped status reflect all listening activity independently from the way the music was played. We'll make sure to pass the feedback to the teams in charge, but take into account that it's not possible to change the results as they're final.

However, we'd like you to send us your device's make, model and OS version, as well as the app version you're running. This way we can have them handy in case we receive similar reports.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It does not represent all listening activity - that's my point.

I can see this by starting to listen on my phone (Samsung S10) or via the desktop app on my computer and then switching to a connect device.  Looking at the recently played tracks at www.statsforspotify.com shows that the track playing on the connect device are not recorded.  If I switch back to the phone they start to appear again.

If this is happening for other users, you will not be correctly recording which tracks have been played and therefore who to pay.

Hi @kdistin,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

Please keep in mind that the website you mention isn't official and that may be the reason that tool isn't able to pick up the actual tracks you're playing through Connect.

Again, thank you for reporting this with us. We'll keep an eye out for any other similar reports about this. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator

After a bit more research I have discovered that it is a bug in the software of the connect device I am using. 

Hey @kdistin,

Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts