Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Your Library] Removed/Disappearing Songs

[Your Library] Removed/Disappearing Songs

My Question or Issue

This has been going on for years now; Spotify keeps removing songs randomly. It must be because of licensing or disagreements with the artists etc. Whatever the reason, the users should be notified when these are removed if we have the songs in our libraries, liked songs or playlists. It's incredibly frustrating paying for a music service that can just mess about with your library without your knowing. 

The song, or album, or EP you remove may be someones favourite and without them knowing it's gone from their collection. This wouldn't happen back with physical buys and iTunes etc, but that's all dead now.

I understand contracts or agreements with artists may change and for whatever reason the songs have to be removed, but I just think there should be feature where the person with those songs in their library are then notified. As they might then look to replace it on a YouTube playlist or even buy/download it.

However if they don't know, they can't do this. They just have to randomly stumble across the missing content or figure it out down the line, which isn't ideal for anyone.

I know you don't want to highlight your problems, like losing music but the users should know what's going on with the music and the libraries their paying for because these are essentially lifetime subscriptions to make up for these no existent physical libraries. 

Give us the notifications - make it happen!

1 Reply

Hi,

Thanks for your post. This is a great suggestion and as an avid music listener and playlist nerd, I totally agree. Also, you are exactly right about licensing/label contracts. The best way to make Spotify aware of your concern is to post it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas. The Spotify team reviews all idea submissions, and those that garner enough votes are seriously considered as possible feature implementations. They even share a monthly update, regarding changes they have made, are considering, working on, or have tabled. It shows that Spotify does care about what its user want. Before sharing your idea, try a few quick searches to see if a similar idea has previously been suggested by somebody else. If it has, you can vote for their idea. If not, the best way to get traction for your idea is to describe it clearly - which you have already done in this post! It shouldn't take long to post your idea in the right place as you can just copy/paste. Good luck!

Suggested posts