Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

multiple artists sharing one page

multiple artists sharing one page

Mornin',

2 artists i sometimes listen to have mixed up artist page, wich is kinda annoying.. dunno if thats suposed to be that way:

Myra:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2dG1qw6huuUNKoX3Z7vUbH

myra is a id say metalcore band but there is also a pop singer with same name so they seem to share that page.

and 

Quo Vadis:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3HshwcRyD4zv1KIh9OdwRo

a metal band from i think poland. they got a classic music album on their page by a trio with the same name additionally they got an electronic album on their page called 'Sonic Boom (Life's Too Short)' im sure thats also not them.

i use german Spotify on Windows 8.1 if thats of importance to fix this.

~krryk

2 Replies

Hi,

I'm writing to raise the same problem. I've lived with it for a long time, but now apparently a 3rd artist with the same name surfaced, and they are all blended in.

To answer krryk's comment, the metal band is from Québec, Canada, and not Polland, but we have a special French accent that makes everybody think of us as Germans or somewhere in Eastern Europe. I found the comment very funny.

Here are more details to help whoever at Spotify to sort this out:

There are 3 artists blended under the same Artist entry called Quo Vadis. The image of the single artist that comes out when doing a search today, the one with the artwork labelled Defiant Imagination, comes from a band from Quebec, Canada, named Quo Vadis, who recorded all the albums listed between 1996 Forever and 2007 Live in Montreal.

Apparently there is a new Quo Vadis that released a new album (Born to Die), and there also seems to be some songs from Bach that include the latin word Quo Vadis. It's not at all the same kind of music.

Could you separate into different artists? The artwork only should suffice to differentiate by the users.

Hello. 

Im also experiencing that multible Quo Vadis bands have the same page and i hope that spotify will give the bands different pages. I myself is a fan Of Quo Vaids from Canada.

I hope someone at Spotify can do something about this soon.

Otherwise is Spotify my number one place to go when discovering new bands or just listen to my playlists! 

/Silverpaladin77

Suggested posts