Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Remove button" behavior in Discover Weekly

Solved!

"Remove button" behavior in Discover Weekly

I often listen to discover weekly songs and:

- when I like song, and it is universal song (can be liked by people from near environment) i just click "heart button"

- when I like song, but song is very niche (probably wont be acceptable by most of people) then I add song to specify playlist,

- When I don't like song OR I already added it to some playlist, I don't want to show it up again in discover weekly, because song is already mapped (disliked OR liked, added to playlist).

I do like that, because I want to listen all discover weekly songs, and I wanted to know which are already listened and which not. If I don't click "remove button", then I try to add some songs to playlists many times, because I don't see which are added and which not. There are not any indicator that shows you that.

Now I wanted to ask, how spotify treat "remove button". Because sometimes I click it on liked songs, only because I want to know it's already added to some playlist, and I don't have to listen it again in discover space.

Will spotify treat it as:

1. "I don't like that song, please don't propose me it anymore, and any other similar song"

or

2. "Hide this song in discover weekly and that's all"

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dhgdfgfdg,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome 🙂

The remove button you find on the playlists made for you (such as Daily Mixes or Discover Weekly) works as the first option you described. This'll remove songs from the personalized playlist and it's taken as you don't like the song, so it'll be removed from future recommended playlists. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

really nobody knows behavior of this button?

Marked as solution

Hey @dhgdfgfdg,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome 🙂

The remove button you find on the playlists made for you (such as Daily Mixes or Discover Weekly) works as the first option you described. This'll remove songs from the personalized playlist and it's taken as you don't like the song, so it'll be removed from future recommended playlists. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

thanks for answer, so i have to change my behavior, because I was clicking this button to mark the song as already listened in discover weekly.

Hey there @dhgdfgfdg,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, basically you'd need to teach the algorithm a bit with your listening behavior. You can read some additional tips here on how to improve the personalization of the playlists made for you. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts