Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.6

DesktopRelease.png

What's new in this version (1.0.6):

• You can now filter playlists to find tracks with ease.
  • Long playlists load quickly after sorting.
  • Added hard techno to your Soft Lullabies mix? Ctrl-Z (or Cmd-Z) to undo.
  • Copy Embed Code is now in the menu. Just right-click on a track.
Community Ergo Sum
103 Replies

@Lorenzo_NGG wrote:

I gave up on notifications and recently played artists... 🙂 Let's see what Apple will unveil... 

Never thought I would even think about it, let alone say it (as I've been a very loyal spotify premium customer for years) but depending on what Apple's new service is offering, I might seriously consider switching.

I'm just frankly at my wits end with the spotify desktop client. Just seems like a new glitch/bug pops up every other day.

One month with the same Recently Played Artists.

You guys seem to love patting yourselves on the back, but it seems every new release you add issues. Clicking the album art on my playback now takes me to a completely different song, nothing remotely like the band or artist playing.

Get some developers on the team who have a clue, otherwise my two year premium account will be going to another provider. You seem to be going backwards with each new release, it is becoming too buggy and irritating to use!!

"Restart to install 1.0.6" does not work on Mac OS X Yosemite.  I have even gone to the website and downloaded the installer and it downloads Spotify and then pops up "Could not move to Application folder".  It seems to be a permission issue, but if that were the case it should prompt me to put in my System Administrator password which the current installer doesn't do.  

Currently running 1.0.3.101 and since then have not been able to simply restart to upgrade. Has anyone established a workaround the fact that the installer does not prompt for Admin account even though that seems to be required?

I agree with you. Hopefully they will fix this bug soon! It's really annoying!

@o-l-a-v I've had this too even before the patch and sometimes had to restart Spotify to get the notifications to update.

I myself use SoundCloud for pre-releases and Beatport for official releases, since Spotify is always way behind due to licensing.

@biglarry5 I've always had a non-reponsive drag & drop 90% of the time using any version of Spotify Windows Desktop client, even with a gaming rig and hardware acceleration turned on, so I have no hope there.

I'm taking it upon myself to learn Spotify's Web API and Node.js purely to fix and extend way-too-many features of the UI haha - it shouldn't have to come to this!

Some notes on this release:

• Lots of issues with searching, getting "an error occurred" for no apparent reason (why are error messages so remarkably unhelpful btw).
  • Clicking on a playing song to get to the playlist position doesn't work.
  • Still no minimize to tray.

Going back to 0.9.15 once again.

@nej_simon

Getting to the playlist position of the pcurrently playing track should work. At least it works with mine 1.0.6 even with sorting enabled. Check it again.

And yeah, I get a lot of these searching errors too... 

Every album I click on is presenting me with an "something went wrong, try again later!"

Me too. 😞

http://prntscr.com/7f01el

Why is there so much space wasted? It's a complete joke and looks terrible. 

Down graded to 0.9.15.27 yet again.

The rest of the app is also extremely ugly, and many things such as control positioing and not having destinct sections in the side bar are very confusing. Not to mention everything is so large my eyes hurt, and nothing is very well thought out - hint: get new UI/UX designers or revert to the old one.

http://prntscr.com/7f03vs - Compare spotify's new look to that one in the screenshot, and please don't even try and tell me it's better, because the new look is terrible not to mention many features i had on the 0.9 version are completely gone - it's like spotify decided to screw over it's users so that when apple music came out they would all switch to it.

Heres my old list of why the new spotify is a load of crap:

This updates a complete joke, heres what you MUST fix because its annoying me so much:

• Cant press a key to find a song/artist when sorting, cant even do CTRL+F.. this is the most annoying thing ever even the most basic music and file browsing apps have this? what the heck why isnt it in here.
  • The icons look crap, they're out of line, blurred and the font is something else please revert this.
  • On windows the top bar isnt even aligned with the spotify logo above the file options (see image) http://prntscr.com/6gmfu6
  • The volume being moved is a massive pain, please just keep the controls together why was this even moved and its in such a crap place.
  • The new friend feed is terrible, i cant even tell whos listening to what and why do i need to see what my firends look like on a music app?
  • A whole bunch of the pinned sections in MAIN are gone, i use to use these to find music but nope not any more, also last.fm is gone completely too!
  • The new playlist button just gets in the way, and i hate it, its massive, just revert this too. This also causes issues for the scroll bar section and sometimes completely covers the buttom playlist even when i scroll down.
  • I cant drag and drop songs into spotify anymore, and guess what!? i cant even import them either, now this of all things is the most stupid thing ive ever had to put up with.
  • The lyrics button is completely terrible, and it looks bad, infact the whole application looks bad with all these stupid blurry icons.
  • I completely dislike the new volume and track time bars, what was wrong with the old ones? They're small and its hard to ajust where i want to listen
  • No third party add ons? How will i ever get an equlizer on windows spotify now? This needs amending
  • Cant quit spotify without ending process
  • Really slow to load my music, and switch tabs, infact overall it just feels slugish. 
  • Sound quallity is significantly worse on the new version, after managing to downgrade, i can truely say this.
  • If i accidently remove a track, cant get that back, its gone! Muahah evil spotify elves. Yes thats right CTRL+Z .. doesnt work? Neither do the buttons for undo and redo in the file menu.

Of course there are things i like, for example being able to control the music out of other devices i have connected is quite awesome, but for the most part thats the only good thing in this update.

Is there anyway i can downgrade because this is complete **bleep**, and i cant deal with using it. 

for those wanting to downgrade: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-03/12/how-to-downgrade-spotify

lil question... tracks are ow played gapless.. is there any posibility to put it off? i don't like gapless trackplay... -.-

I still cannot filter "local files".  NOT playlist.  "Local files".  Unisntalling and going back to older version until this is fixed. 

I seem to see some different things.

No option to filter search folders? WHYYYYYYYY

I cannot see my local files anymore. Any advice to fixx this?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/905jNSq.jpg[/img]

The "new" filtering option is automatically scrolling me to the top of the playlist - forcing me to scroll back to where I were prior to filtering. Clearing filter should take me back. Scroll, scroll...

Another pointless bug by Spotify here.

I connected an external HD full of mp3 files to my new computer. I hooked up the path in Spotify and played some songs until I realised they were skipping. I then remembered my HD was faulty and promptly disconnected it and removed the path.

However, when I now go to play any song previously associated with a local file (ie, one that's also in the Spotify library) it doesn't play! It's just stuck at 0:00! 

I'm just going to move the local files over to the machines hard drive, for the time being. 

Still though. BAD Spotify! Another bug to add to your giant book of f_ck ups this year! 

why can't I see the album name or song length anymore? 

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 12.43.29 PM.png

A responsive design—these columns are being hidden when the window is smaller.

Suggested posts