Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Artist "following count" or "response message" is incorrect.

This doesn't appear to be a major feature break, I am sure there are very few cases where this is an issue.There appears to be a bug with the following count (or at least the message returned). I was navigating around the "similar people" and found t...

Porter Robinson Followers BUG Porter Robinson Following BUG (message)
  • This doesn't appear to be a major feature break, I am sure there are very few cases where this is an issue. There appears to be a bug with the following count (or at least the message returned). &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will the new iOS Spotify neon green icon be coming to the desktop?

Hi, I kind of like the new neon green looking icon that is on the iOS version of Spotify, my question is, will it be coming to the desktop versions of Spotify? I think it'd look cool on OS X 10.10+

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I kind of like the new neon green looking icon that is on the iOS version of Spotify, my question is, will it be coming to the desktop versions of Spotify? I think it'd look cool on OS X...
  • andreasg201
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Add the "devices" section back

Using OS X and Android. I want to sync all my playlists to my mobile device, not just select them one by one because I always forget to do that. It was possible to select this option in the "devices" section before, but now that's gone. I can let my ...

• Roadie
  • Using OS X and Android. I want to sync all my playlists to my mobile device, not just select them one by one because I always forget to do that. It was possible to select this option in the "devices"...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac]local files not loading

I have tried different methods such as restarting the app, restarting my computer, relink the folder in the local file preferenceStill it is not loading and showing thisI even remove spotify and reinstalled from a new download from spotify's websiteT...

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 08.16.22.png
  • I have tried different methods such as restarting the app, restarting my computer, relink the folder in the local file preference Still it is not loading and showing this I even remove spotify and ...
  • Westwill67
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Someone else using my account

I have signed out everywhere, and changed password multiple times and somehow on my iPhone it keeps connecting to a PS3 of someone else and it keeps playing their music. How do I block or stop that person from being able to use my account on their de...

• I have signed out everywhere, and changed password multiple times and somehow on my iPhone it keeps connecting to a PS3 of someone else and it keeps playing their music. How do I block or stop that p...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify requires me now to sign in

I've created playlist and use to have access to them not having to be online, why now do I have to sign in to access my playlist?I recently went somewhere that didnt' have wifi and when I clicked onto the app it required me to sign in. I couldn't sig...

• Casual Listener
  • I've created playlist and use to have access to them not having to be online, why now do I have to sign in to access my playlist? I recently went somewhere that didnt' have wifi and when I clicked o...
  • spicelatin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why not have internet radio stations on Spotify (like iTunes?)

I'm talking about Internet Radio stations, not iTunes Radio. You can see the stations in iTunes by clicking on the little radio tower icon next to Music, Movies, etc. icons in upper left.Anyhow, you can listen to broadcast radio stations from all ove...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm talking about Internet Radio stations, not iTunes Radio. You can see the stations in iTunes by clicking on the little radio tower icon next to Music, Movies, etc. icons in upper left. Anyhow, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify for Mac problem

I don't know if anyone else has reported this problem before. Sometimes when I go to click Spotify in the Dock, Spotify will not open and the icon will change to a notepad and pencil, instead of the Spotify logo (image attached). I have to go to Appl...

• I don't know if anyone else has reported this problem before. Sometimes when I go to click Spotify in the Dock, Spotify will not open and the icon will change to a notepad and pencil, instead of the ...
  • madcat1990
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files aren't importable

I drag in MP3s, nothing happens. Don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm using Mac OS X 10.10.3, Spotify version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9

• I drag in MP3s, nothing happens. Don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm using Mac OS X 10.10.3, Spotify version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Issue with playlist indexing following track deletion

There is an issue with the index of a playlist not being updated when a track is deleted from the playlist. If I am playing a track then an icon appears in the leftmost column to indicate that the track is playing. All good so far. If I now delete a ...

• Casual Listener
  • There is an issue with the index of a playlist not being updated when a track is deleted from the playlist. If I am playing a track then an icon appears in the leftmost column to indicate that the tr...
  • karin076
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking on album artwork often goes to the wrong song; artwork often does not appear at all, too

Clicking on the album artwork will often (but not always) go to the wrong song. The song that it leads to will have the "currently playing" icon next to it. Also, sometimes the album artwork won't even appear at all. From what I understand, completel...

• Casual Listener
  • Clicking on the album artwork will often (but not always) go to the wrong song. The song that it leads to will have the "currently playing" icon next to it.   Also, sometimes the album artwork...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find song from local files?

Hi, I am having trouble locating a song from my local files on my hard drive. I have searched my entire computer and it's driving me nuts. Spotify won't allow me to locate the song in Finder either. Can anyone please help me? Thank you very much.

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I am having trouble locating a song from my local files on my hard drive. I have searched my entire computer and it's driving me nuts. Spotify won't allow me to locate the song in Finder...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! BUG: No name in 'Send To' box when sending songs to friends

Since updating to 1.0.6 when I send songs to freinds, after typing their name into 'Send To' box and selecting them, it doesn't show their name but just a blank box with a cross in it. Running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Picture attached to show the is...

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 14.16.34.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Since updating to 1.0.6 when I send songs to freinds, after typing their name into 'Send To' box and selecting them, it doesn't show their name but just a blank box with a cross in it.   Runni...
  • mylez
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist showing Empty

Hopefully you can help me. My "Fav" playlist is showing as empty out of no where.I did not delete anything. I was just listening and then the music stopped and no songs to be found.

• Casual Listener
  • Hopefully you can help me. My "Fav" playlist is showing as empty out of no where. I did not delete anything. I was just listening and then the music stopped and no songs to be found.  
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! where are the albums (in my playlist?)

So I foolishly updated Spotify by restarting, and now I can't get to the albums from my playlist? The way I use Spotify is to have my starred playlist just list the first song from each album I listen to. So then I just click on the album to get to e...

• Gig Goer
  • So I foolishly updated Spotify by restarting, and now I can't get to the albums from my playlist?  The way I use Spotify is to have my starred playlist just list the first song from each album I...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Play queue isn't reset when I clear the filter

Ok, so firstly let me say thank you for listening and returning the filter function (you broke it in the first place, so how much credit you can get for fixing a regression is another question entirely... but I appreciate it being fixed nonetheless)....

• Music Fan
  •  Ok, so firstly let me say thank you for listening and returning the filter function (you broke it in the first place, so how much credit you can get for fixing a regression is another question ...
  • dmsuperman
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Added dates

Im just wondering why a few days ago i added a song to my stared playlist and it says its added in 3 years just wondering why it says this because i sort my music by date so its a kinda annoying but funny

• Im just wondering why a few days ago i added a song to my stared playlist and it says its added in 3 years just wondering why it says this because i sort my music by date so its a kinda annoying but ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect swapping uncontrollably

Hola!I am currently unable to use the online mode of Spotify on my Mac because it seems to randomly change audio sources between my computer and my phone. This is really frustrating and I was hoping one of you wonderful people may have had some exper...

• Hola! I am currently unable to use the online mode of Spotify on my Mac because it seems to randomly change audio sources between my computer and my phone. This is really frustrating and I was hopin...
  • IlovePanCakes
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re installation fails on mac OS 10.6

Hello,I try to reinstall spotify but it keeps on failing. DescriptionWanted to have the spotify connect icon on my mac and decided to upgrade spotify version. Have followed the un-install procedure described and downloaded the new version which didn'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I try to reinstall spotify but it keeps on failing.   Description Wanted to have the spotify connect icon on my mac and decided to upgrade spotify version. Have followed the un-instal...
  • Letassin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to: organize songs in a playlist and organize playlists in a folder

I have 2 issues: (1) I want to organize songs within a playlist, so that I could start a playlist from the top and it plays straight through to the bottom. Then, the next day, I could change the order and have it play top to bottom but in my newly cr...

• Casual Listener
  • I have 2 issues:   (1) I want to organize songs within a playlist, so that I could start a playlist from the top and it plays straight through to the bottom.  Then, the next day, I could ...
  • jenpeset
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes