Announcements

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Song suddenly plays different soundtrack

I've been listening to 'Tidal Wave by Snowmine' for a couple of days now and I love the song!! Only all of the sudden when I play the song on my macbook it plays a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT song? Like how does this suddenly happen? When I play the same so...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been listening to 'Tidal Wave by Snowmine' for a couple of days now and I love the song!! Only all of the sudden when I play the song on my macbook it plays a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT song? Like how...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting Spotify to work

I cannot even get started, please help. I won't pay into if Ican't even use it.

• I cannot even get started, please help. I won't pay into if Ican't even use it.
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When will the bluetooth bug be fixed??

I have purchased a premium version to listen to it through my awesome speakers, and I can't.when do you intend to fix this.

• I have purchased a premium version to listen to it through my awesome speakers, and I can't. when do you intend to fix this.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Mac OSX 10.10.3 Problems Download All Songs and Sort Music

Dear Spotify developer, in the current Spotify Version 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b there appeared some new issues: 1. The Sort funcition in My Music "Songs" is covered and only seen if I drag the Width of the window larger than the Display-Width (Mac Retina r...

• Dear Spotify developer,   in the current Spotify Version 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b there appeared some new issues:   1. The Sort funcition in My Music "Songs" is covered and only see...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Mac] General unstable nondeterministic behavior after client has been running for a long time

DescriptionI am not sure what changed but within the last few weeks, but now I find myself restarting Spotify more frequently. Maybe this problem has already existed and the software updates prevented me from experiencing it. Either way, there seems ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I am not sure what changed but within the last few weeks, but now I find myself restarting Spotify more frequently. Maybe this problem has already existed and the software updates p...
  • unchkdException
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

SpotifyWebHelper Popup on Mac

Hi, Today I ran into an issue while installing Spotify. Every 5-10 seconds, my Mac pops up with "You don't have permission to use the application 'SpotifyWebHelper.'" I tried deleting Spotify all together, but it comes up with the same thing. I also ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Today I ran into an issue while installing Spotify. Every 5-10 seconds, my Mac pops up with "You don't have permission to use the application 'SpotifyWebHelper.'" I tried deleting Spotif...
  • evilarceus1348
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

drag and drop broken after update

osx 10.9.5, spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd dragging tracks into playlist now does nothing, and dragging folders into spotify playlist results in this:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq7kfm0z7qr612u/Screenshot%202015-03-13%2013.58.31.png?dl=0 a also used to b...

• Regular
  • osx 10.9.5, spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd   dragging tracks into playlist now does nothing, and dragging folders into spotify playlist results in this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq7kfm0z7...
  • d0lph1n
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist Plays Wrong Track

Whenever I update one of my playlists I get the following bug: The albums/tracks are added to the playlist but when I start playing them, spotify plays a complete other track than that's listed at that position. For example: The first track in my pla...

• Whenever I update one of my playlists I get the following bug:   The albums/tracks are added to the playlist but when I start playing them, spotify plays a complete other track than that'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Select All Tracks in "My Music"

For playlists, select all works fine. I can select all tracks, or I can use the Shift+select feature to select a batch of tracks at once. But in "Your Music", it ALWAYS leaves various tracks unselected inbetween. Having a collection of over 5000 song...

• Music Fan
  • For playlists, select all works fine. I can select all tracks, or I can use the Shift+select feature to select a batch of tracks at once. But in "Your Music", it ALWAYS leaves various tracks unselect...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Song continues playing but the sound shuts off

Hi!! Yeserday I began to have this problem with Spotify, the song would keep playing but the sound would shut off like mid-song. If I went to an earlier spot in the song it would play, but the sound would drop out again. And if I skip to the next son...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!! Yeserday I began to have this problem with Spotify, the song would keep playing but the sound would shut off like mid-song. If I went to an earlier spot in the song it would play, but the sound ...
  • gabssweet3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I use Spotify??

Hi I'd love some help. So I've just paid up for premium subscription, with the intention of switching from iTunes to Spotify. I'm utterly lost and frustrated; Spotify seems unable to perform the basic functions I'd expect it to. I currently have all ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I'd love some help. So I've just paid up for premium subscription, with the intention of switching from iTunes to Spotify. I'm utterly lost and frustrated; Spotify seems unable to perform the basi...
  • Clym
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My main playlist is suddenly empty, and the recover playlist tool doesn't work!

So I went on Spotify this morning to list to some music, only to see that my main playlist is empty. The playlist is there, but there are no songs. I checked on the web browser as well, it's gone. The recover playlist function doesn't work because th...

• So I went on Spotify this morning to list to some music, only to see that my main playlist is empty. The playlist is there, but there are no songs. I checked on the web browser as well, it's gone. Th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not see my local files

For some reason I can not see my local files. It says I have "16,346 songs, 1107hr 30min" but there is nothing below it.I am running the latest verison of Spotify as I downloaded the desktop verison last night. Also running OSX 10.10.3

• For some reason I can not see my local files. It says I have "16,346 songs, 1107hr 30min" but there is nothing below it. I am running the latest verison of Spotify as I downloaded the desktop veriso...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All local files disappeared Mac Yosemite

HiJust updated to the newest version1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b, and can't play my local files. List is empty... help!

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 22.57.22.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi Just updated to the newest version1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b, and can't play my local files. List is empty... help!  
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Selecting only the songs I do not have locally in a playlist?

Hi everyone, So I had 13,000 songs on my old laptop (Windows) which I used to listen to through Spotify in a Local Files playlist. Now, after purchasing a new laptop (Mac), I want to transfer only the songs that Spotify does not have so I can continu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   So I had 13,000 songs on my old laptop (Windows) which I used to listen to through Spotify in a Local Files playlist. Now, after purchasing a new laptop (Mac), I want to transfe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted music!

Hi, I've noticed for a long time now, tracks are dissapearing from my playlists. Mostly I notice it soon enough, but I guess a lot of music is just lost now for good because I just didn't notice. Is there any way to see which songs aren't available a...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I've noticed for a long time now, tracks are dissapearing from my playlists. Mostly I notice it soon enough, but I guess a lot of music is just lost now for good because I just didn't no...
  • RobinzMusic
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can send, but not receive songs.

Hello, on both mobile and desktop, I can only send songs (which other users do receive) but I cannot receive any. I've tried reinstalling Spotify both on my IPhone and my computer. I've also tried manually logging in using my @facebook.com email and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, on both mobile and desktop, I can only send songs (which other users do receive) but I cannot receive any.   I've tried reinstalling Spotify both on my IPhone and my computer. I've...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

OS X Yosemite: Skip/Back Keys have no effect

Hi everyone, I'm a recent owner of a brand new iMac, long time Windows user. I find that the play/pause button works fine and expected. However, it's cousins on either side, the skip forward/back track buttons, have no effects on Spotify. This is rea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I'm a recent owner of a brand new iMac, long time Windows user. I find that the play/pause button works fine and expected. However, it's cousins on either side, the skip forward...
  • williamtdr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Activity feed - How to remove it? (and everything in it)

As the topic states, how do i remove the acitivity frame. Ive manage to turn most of the stuff in there off. But i cant get away from the suggestions for people to follow. If you want to turn this service into a music facebook fine with me, but let m...

• Casual Listener
  • As the topic states, how do i remove the acitivity frame. Ive manage to turn most of the stuff in there off. But i cant get away from the suggestions for people to follow.   If you want to tur...
  • lilbran
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes