Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Get track properties in AppleScript

I wrote a very small app using the OS X AppleScript API, and when I wrote it, this used to work (back in 1.0.2, maybe? I can find out exactly when it quit working if that helps). How come it doesn't work now? tell application "Spotify" to get propert...

• I wrote a very small app using the OS X AppleScript API, and when I wrote it, this used to work (back in 1.0.2, maybe?  I can find out exactly when it quit working if that helps).  How come...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Accidentally changed cache location and the app crashes and never opens

I recently changed the cache location to an external usb and whenever I try to open the app t crashes and gives me an error pop up. I cant change the cache location back to default since I can never open the app, feels like a catch22 situation. A sim...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently changed the cache location to an external usb and whenever I try to open the app t crashes and gives me an error pop up. I cant change the cache location back to default since I can never ...
  • HoiBee
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

The Extra Play/Pause Button Beside the Save Button

As a software engineer and in my humble opinion when you already have a button visible to the user in a program, depending on the importance of that button one should make it stand out, but one should not put a duplicate of a button in the same view....

Capture.PNG
  • Composer
  • As a software engineer and in my humble opinion when you already have a button visible to the user in a program, depending on the importance of that button one should make it stand out, but one&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unwanted Junk in my Inbox

Recently my Spotify inbox has been getting filled with junk. Accounts with names I don't recognize are continually sending me new playlists and not only making my inbox a mess, but also creating new notifications on my mobile device. Is there a way t...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently my Spotify inbox has been getting filled with junk. Accounts with names I don't recognize are continually sending me new playlists and not only making my inbox a mess, but also creating new ...
  • SlimPvC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't scroll through songs and wrong song being played

On my iphone, it seems that since the last update when I come to scroll down my list of songs, part of the screen blanks out and when I select a song it does not play the right song. Is this a known problem and will it be fixed in another update?

• Casual Listener
  • On my iphone, it seems that since the last update when I come to scroll down my list of songs, part of the screen blanks out and when I select a song it does not play the right song.  Is this a ...
  • Dao0891
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

OSX Spotify Client has no audo and No "com.spotify.client" file found

Hello, I have been having this issue for several months now: My Spotify client is able to successfully launch on my OS X (Yosemite) machine; however no sound plays at all even though songs are shoiwng as advancing (e.g., the time bar is progressing w...

• Hello,   I have been having this issue for several months now: My Spotify client is able to successfully launch on my OS X (Yosemite) machine; however no sound plays at all even though songs a...
  • dpeterson
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotiify Skips While Playing

I have an IMac runniing Yosemite 10.10.2. When I have a browser open Spotify streaming skips or stops playing. A mouse click starts play again, but only temporarily. If a browser or no other apps are open the play works fine.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an IMac runniing Yosemite 10.10.2.  When I have a browser open Spotify streaming skips or stops playing.  A mouse click starts play again, but only temporarily.  If a browser or...
  • RockieRat
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer drag songs from iTunes to Spotify and other problems...

I drag songs (MP3s) from iTunes to Spotify playlists when Spotify does not have teh track. It has always worked fine. Then two days ago it just stopped working. Looks like the drag is working but it just wont drop and appear in Spotify. No error mess...

• Casual Listener
  • I drag songs (MP3s) from iTunes to Spotify playlists when Spotify does not have teh track.  It has always worked fine.  Then two days ago it just stopped working.  Looks like the drag ...
  • SteveOppo
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Clearing my queue

I see the small icon at the bottom right of the Spotify screen, but when I click on it, all I see is my queue. I don't see an option to delete items from the queue or to edit the cue. I am using the free version on a Macbook. Thanks for any help.

• Regular
  • I see the small icon at the bottom right of the Spotify screen, but when I click on it, all I see is my queue. I don't see an option to delete items from the queue or to edit the cue.   I am u...
  • PaulM
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot Reinstall Spotify After it Stopped Working

Hi there, My Spotify was working fine on my Mac...however, I haven't been able to use it in about 3+ weeks. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. When I download, it always shows up "incomplete" in my "downloads" and, therefore, I am unable to re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   My Spotify was working fine on my Mac...however, I haven't been able to use it in about 3+ weeks. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. When I download, it always shows up "inc...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Album Meta Tag Mess

I recently purchased an album '2015 Warped Tour Compilation'. The majority of songs are already available on Spotify but there were some that weren't so I decided on this rare occasion to purchase the whole album. I moved the album directory into one...

• Regular
  • I recently purchased an album '2015 Warped Tour Compilation'. The majority of songs are already available on Spotify but there were some that weren't so I decided on this rare occasion to purchase th...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync my iTunes music with Spotify

Hi! I would like to subscribe to the Premium, but I want to be sure I can upload all my iTunes library (playlist included) to Spotify and sync it. How do i do it? Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I would like to subscribe to the Premium, but I want to be sure I can upload all my iTunes library (playlist included) to Spotify and sync it. How do i do it?   Thanks in advance!...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect interferes with change to AirPlay on speaker

I use Spotify Connect from the Spotify OSX app to connect to a Spotify Connect speaker.That speaker is also AirPlay compatable too.I also use AirPlay from iTunes to play to it.When I go from AirPlay to Spotify, it is usually not a problem.But, after ...

• Gig Goer
  • I use Spotify Connect from the Spotify OSX app to connect to a Spotify Connect speaker. That speaker is also AirPlay compatable too. I also use AirPlay from iTunes to play to it. When I go from Ai...
  • Joe10
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly I can't log in to spotify because of a "firewall error" and i don't have any firewall

So my spotify used to be linked with a facebook account, I deactivated facebook a week ago and started just using my email and password. This is the ONLY thing that has changed recently relevant to spotify. It worked fine up until yesterday, and my i...

Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 10.17.31 AM.png
  • Regular
  • So my spotify used to be linked with a facebook account, I deactivated facebook a week ago and started just using my email and password. This is the ONLY thing that has changed recently relevant to s...
  • camimaldonado
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playback issue: Eric Clapton Unplugged "Tears In Heaven" plays the wrong song

DescriptionIncorrect track is played back when selecting "Tears In Heaven" in the "Unplugged" album by Eric Clapton. Also, the incorrect album art is displayed. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Launch Spotify Desktop for Mac2. Go t...

Eric Clapton Unplugged screenshot
  • Spotify Legend
  •   Description Incorrect track is played back when selecting "Tears In Heaven" in the "Unplugged" album by Eric Clapton. Also, the incorrect album art is displayed.   A more detailed des...
  • bgerstle
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot import iTunes playlist to Spotify

I hope someone is able to help me out. I just upgraded to Spotify Premium to test Spotify. I cannot import my iTunes playlists to Spotify. I am dragging and dropping a Playlist, a + sign actually appears, but when I drop in Spotify nothing actually h...

• I hope someone is able to help me out. I just upgraded to Spotify Premium to test Spotify.    I cannot import my iTunes playlists to Spotify. I am dragging and dropping a Playlist, a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Still cannot install Spotify Mac app when using proxy

It is still not possible to do a clean install of the Spotify Mac app if you use a proxy to connect to the internet. The app attempts to connect, fails, and displays an error message. The Preferences tab remains greyed out, however, so it is impossib...

• Music Fan
  • It is still not possible to do a clean install of the Spotify Mac app if you use a proxy to connect to the internet.  The app attempts to connect, fails, and displays an error message.  The...
  • FiveInchTaint
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spam and ads from Alibaba and others on my Spotify

Hey Guys, I hope you are well. Recently, my Spotify has been infested with these ads, blank screen and spam. Does anyone knows how to get rid of it? I tried uninstalling and it did not work. Desperately seeking help. Thank you all.

• Regular
  • Hey Guys,   I hope you are well.   Recently, my Spotify has been infested with these ads, blank screen and spam.    Does anyone knows how to get rid of it? I tried uninstall...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant loading issues and crashing issues in Mac OS X native app

Surely I can't be alone with this issue... Every time I go to open the Spotify Mac OS X native app it opens the application in seconds but then just doesn't load any of the content, so I can't see or play tracks, search, or do anything really. Then, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Surely I can't be alone with this issue... Every time I go to open the Spotify Mac OS X native app it opens the application in seconds but then just doesn't load any of the content, so I can't see or...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 15 likes