Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files aren't importable

Solved!

Local files aren't importable

I drag in MP3s, nothing happens. Don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm using Mac OS X 10.10.3, Spotify version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello:

In order to have local file playback in the new spotify above 1.0 and up you have to go into settings, look under the Local Files and toggle the sources on so they show as green for those local file sources, or if you have your local files in a seperate folder outside of these sources you can add the file path with the Add Source button below the options. Once you do this you can then go to local files in the desktop app and start adding local files to playlists.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Would you be willing to roll-back to an earlier Spotify 0.9.x version to get Local files to play the way you want?

If yes, you might >> try this. <<

Marked as solution

Hello:

In order to have local file playback in the new spotify above 1.0 and up you have to go into settings, look under the Local Files and toggle the sources on so they show as green for those local file sources, or if you have your local files in a seperate folder outside of these sources you can add the file path with the Add Source button below the options. Once you do this you can then go to local files in the desktop app and start adding local files to playlists.

Suggested posts